Corsair Community

Corsair One Air Travel

FrostyPharm

I recently picked up a Corsair One Pro and absolutely love the performance and design on it. Alas, the summer is coming to an end and I will have to travel back to work. I am looking at travelling with my One from Canada to the UK to the Middle East for work.

I came across two other threads asking about similar situations (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=962545 and http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174725) which provided some guidance. I still have a few other questions and would appreciate input from anyone else who has dealt with this situation before.

Option 1: Get a Pelican case, pack it in nice and tight and bring it with me on the plane. I checked with my local air transport authorities and they have said desktop computers are fine as a carry on as long as it is within the typical carry on restrictions.

Pros: I will know what happens to it and have better control over bumps. Cons: Single purpose case (I don't really have anything else I would use it for)

1) Will security agents ask to fully open up the computer? (i.e. should I have tools to open the screws?)

2) Is the liquid volume an issue? Could the pressure change cause any damage to the water cooling system?

3) Has anyone been turned away from security and told to check it with their other luggage?

Option 2: Buy an aluminum suitcase, pack the One in a static proof bag, put it into the One's original box and then into the suitcase with some clothes/foam as further shock absorbers. Check the suitcase and hope for the best.

Pros: Can fit other things in the suitcase, able to use it on other flights without my computer. Cons: Airport luggage people can be violent, a bit more expensive.

How would you do it? What is your experience traveling with your One? How did you do it and was there any damage? Obviously I'm looking to baby this thing as it makes an annual round trip.

• Corsair Employee
I recently picked up a Corsair One Pro and absolutely love the performance and design on it. Alas, the summer is coming to an end and I will have to travel back to work. I am looking at travelling with my One from Canada to the UK to the Middle East for work.

I came across two other threads asking about similar situations (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=962545 and http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174725) which provided some guidance. I still have a few other questions and would appreciate input from anyone else who has dealt with this situation before.

Option 1: Get a Pelican case, pack it in nice and tight and bring it with me on the plane. I checked with my local air transport authorities and they have said desktop computers are fine as a carry on as long as it is within the typical carry on restrictions.

Pros: I will know what happens to it and have better control over bumps. Cons: Single purpose case (I don't really have anything else I would use it for)

1) Will security agents ask to fully open up the computer? (i.e. should I have tools to open the screws?)

2) Is the liquid volume an issue? Could the pressure change cause any damage to the water cooling system?

3) Has anyone been turned away from security and told to check it with their other luggage?

Option 2: Buy an aluminum suitcase, pack the One in a static proof bag, put it into the One's original box and then into the suitcase with some clothes/foam as further shock absorbers. Check the suitcase and hope for the best.

Pros: Can fit other things in the suitcase, able to use it on other flights without my computer. Cons: Airport luggage people can be violent, a bit more expensive.

How would you do it? What is your experience traveling with your One? How did you do it and was there any damage? Obviously I'm looking to baby this thing as it makes an annual round trip.

I have flew with the CORSAIR ONE in my check in before, never an issue. I used a hard shell case (: For carry on, you may run into issue with the liquid, so I would say, check it in. In my case, I use all my clothes and some pillows for cushion, this is by no mean a professional way of doing it but my unit was fine and that's my experience.

Archived