The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 PM

POST ID # = 794469
babybird Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_mat View Post
--Toggle Indicator option for mute button to display mute on/off status
----Additional toggle indicators for Capslock, numlock, scroll lock - would be nice if each of those keys could change color to indicate state.
I have mine set up to do this already, although it's a dumb version because the lighting isn't aware of the key's actual mode state. It would be pretty nice to have it be aware of the key's state so that the lighting always matches instead of just matching when I don't do anything stupid.

I also wish this lighting option would work even when the computer is locked so that I actually notice that my capslock is on when I'm trying to enter my login password.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Sword2012's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794556
Sword2012 Reputation: 10

Two things I'd like please

1. The ability to totally disable a key I.e. CapsLock, without having to reassign it to a different action instead

2. The ability for the volume control and mute button to work in a game. Currently it only works with media players

Thank you

Old 08-08-2015, 07:13 AM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794560
QuadraKev Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword2012 View Post
Two things I'd like please

1. The ability to totally disable a key I.e. CapsLock, without having to reassign it to a different action instead

2. The ability for the volume control and mute button to work in a game. Currently it only works with media players

Thank you
1. You can just clear the caps lock key in CUE to disable it. There's no global setting, though.

2. What keyboard and what game(s)?

Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Sword2012's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794580
Sword2012 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
1. You can just clear the caps lock key in CUE to disable it. There's no global setting, though.

2. What keyboard and what game(s)?
Wow. You're right. It does. Thank you

I thought it just 'cleared' the previous setting so you could reassign the key

I've a K95 RGB, and the volume control/Mute do nothing to the in-game sound in STALKER

Thanks very much for your help

Old 08-08-2015, 01:27 PM

POST ID # = 794628
nfinete Reputation: 10

How about automatic cloud backups of our cue settings? I just recently switched my keyboard and mouse from razer to corsair, and I love my new k70 rgb and m65 rgb. Yes CUE is more complex than synapse, but its also more powerful and not that hard to use once you get used to it. However, the one feature I really miss is how synapse stored your profiles. You didn't have to remember to back them up. Even if there was an option to use your own cloud storage such as dropbox or google drive, that would be great. Hope someone sees this. Thanks.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:42 PM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794675
terabyte Reputation: 44

As long as you can choose if you want to use it or not that's fine with me.

I hate that synapse forces you to do that regardless and it also forces you to login to use it. If they go that same route I'll avoid them like I'm avoiding Razer already.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:19 AM

POST ID # = 794769
n1ck92 Reputation: 10

Give us back our lighting control for the M65 RGB mouse!! I paid the premium for the RGB mouse so that I could take advantage of the completely custom colour programs, and now i'm limited to a few presets??

I think Razer might be getting a bit more business soon

Old 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Paul S's PC Specs

POST ID # = 795066
Paul S Reputation: 10

Ok i love my k70 rgb and can manage to live with its flickering (just use 512 colours instead) however, the software is in desperate need of "snap to grid" when you are making colour profiles because without it its a nightmare to line everything up, also desperately needs a 512 colour wheel as well as 16 million one seperately, so we can see what colour pallette we can use instead of guessing all the time, im getting frustrated with this now come on corsair sort this out please.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:06 PM
haz_mat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 795599
haz_mat Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Ok i love my k70 rgb and can manage to live with its flickering (just use 512 colours instead) however, the software is in desperate need of "snap to grid" when you are making colour profiles because without it its a nightmare to line everything up, also desperately needs a 512 colour wheel as well as 16 million one seperately, so we can see what colour pallette we can use instead of guessing all the time, im getting frustrated with this now come on corsair sort this out please.
I use a sort of work-around for color the palette issue by choosing RGB values that represent eight-steps-per-channel in normal mode. So instead of having every value in the 0-255 range you would go in steps of 32.

CUE might have some kind of rounding or snapping going on when choosing colors with the 24 bit palette, but it would make sense to snap to these values across the 0-255 range.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:11 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 796094
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ck92 View Post
Give us back our lighting control for the M65 RGB mouse!! I paid the premium for the RGB mouse so that I could take advantage of the completely custom colour programs, and now i'm limited to a few presets??

I think Razer might be getting a bit more business soon
They will bring back the custom lighting in the future, but in a new and improved way. I dont know why it was taken out in the first place, but i can tell it you it will be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
They are looking in to making a snap to grid feature or something else that will make creating lighting easier and more accurate.

As for the 512 color wheel they might implement a feature where the keyboard will show the color as you move the color wheel.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 08-15-2015, 05:09 AM
Deregistered User
Acesi7's PC Specs

POST ID # = 796113
Acesi7 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerpuncher View Post
  1. Initiating a lighting effect on other keys with the press of a specific key or group of keys:
    This applies (unlike reactive typing) only to a single key or a selected group of keys, which initiates a group or single key lighting on a selected group/key.
Any idea on when this might be implemented?

I am very interested in this feature and plan to use to for in game timers and other things. Would really like to see this implemented so I can write some macros to do what a rival company is starting to implement now. I would like to keep my k95 RGB if possible, however if this feature is a long way out, then I'll probably just move to your competitor as theirs is already to go.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:51 PM

POST ID # = 796719
Caeruleus Reputation: 10

I would like to request a checkbox for a continuous wave effect. Lets say you wanna have a wave with the colors running smoothly across the keyboard without a noticeable repeat just like the standard rainbow effect - you would just tick the box and done. Also it would be nice if you could make a timer emit a sound once started and not just after it finished. :D

Old 08-18-2015, 10:46 PM

POST ID # = 796760
diarx Reputation: 10

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I'd like to see sound responsive effects above all.

Imagine surround sound gaming, each corner of your keyboard lighting up brighter with the direction of the game sound. Gunshot sound behind you, your spacebar lights up to indicate behind, footsteps to the side, your numpad lights up..

Or perhaps a real working EQ when playing music.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:47 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 796766
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7 View Post

I am very interested in this feature and plan to use to for in game timers and other things. Would really like to see this implemented so I can write some macros to do what a rival company is starting to implement now. I would like to keep my k95 RGB if possible, however if this feature is a long way out, then I'll probably just move to your competitor as theirs is already to go.
this feature is on its way. but there is no ETA yet.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 08-19-2015, 06:56 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 796887
Corsair James Reputation: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7 View Post

Who does this already, by the way?

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue