Corsair Community

K90/M60 Constant Reconnecting Issues

ZeroCool505

I recently reformatted my PC. I'm using the exact same setup as before I reformatted which includes using an M60 mouse and a K90 keyboard. Prior to the reformat, I've had no issues with these devices. However, after I reformatted and even before I installed the drivers for them, they would "blink" or pulse"(LED lights flash on and off) every so often. Not only do the LEDs blink, but the devices turn themselves off and back on, as in I cannot use them for 1-2 seconds. Windows doesn't report anything, not even the sound of a USB being unplugged/plugged. I thought this was a software issue as I hadn't yet installed drivers for them. Even after the drivers, this problem persists. Every 1-2 minutes at least one of them will do this, but their disconnects are not connected. Plugging them into other PC's, they have no issues. Using a different mouse or keyboard also shows no issues. I've reinstalled the drivers multiple times, done firmware updates, and even tried using older drivers/firmware up to the beta 2.12. Windows also always recognizes these drivers as what they are.

Any help would be appreciated as the devices seem fine on other computers (not faulty) and different keyboards/mice work fine as well. Using them especially for gaming is near impossible because of the constant disconnects.

Sorry..turns out this is an internal hardware problem most likely with the chipset driver malfunctioning. It is a 4 year old machine :/. Only the Corsair products would show a noticeable disconnect and reconnect with their leds...tried a blackwidow keyboard and a deathadder mouse and after awhile, they simply disconnected without reconnecting. I originally pinned this as shotty Razer products as I've had issues with them but when copying to an external, the copying process would freeze at the same time my K90 would disconnect and resume a minute later.

Archived