Corsair Community

Noise concern with 500d

mikelo

I'm heart set on the Obsidian 500d for my next pc.

Yet I'm concerned with certain reviews on line that state that it's not very quite, which for me, Is a major problem as it's main usage is for music production.

I won't be using a heavy weight gpu, more likely a 1050ti or RX560.

I will also be installing either the H115i pro aio or the H150i pro with 3x 120 LL rgb fans.

Do you guys think this would end up being to loud for my intended use?

• Corsair Employee

Hello Mikelo,

The 500D doesn't exactly have any sound dampening features. You'll have to look into getting efficient and quiet fans as that's usually the loudest thing in a build.

I'd suggest going with ML or ML RGB fans if you're interested in quiet operations. I left them at <800 RPM and they were super quiet.

Hello Mikelo,

The 500D doesn't exactly have any sound dampening features. You'll have to look into getting efficient and quiet fans as that's usually the loudest thing in a build.

I'd suggest going with ML or ML RGB fans if you're interested in quiet operations. I left them at <800 RPM and they were super quiet.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes as mentioned above, I'll be installing the hi115 pro with its 2 x 140 MLs.

I have been looking at reviews on the LL rgbs and by all accounts, they are supposed to be quite or aren't they quite enough??

All of the Corsair RGB, ML series, AF series are going to be quiet at low speeds. The ML series has a lower noise profile at moderate and high speeds compared to most other fans. However, since that is likely a place you want to avoid, I don't think it is critical. Strictly from a task orientated standpoint, any RGB fans you use will require controllers and additional devices. Additional devices will require additional power and theoretically create additional electrical fields. I am not sure how seriously you take this. Some people want to most stripped down to basic system possible with the fewest programs running, depending on the application. All RGB devices will require Corsair iCUE to be active. If you want to minimize the reliance on those features, the plain black ML Pro series may be what you want. Just because the fan has a 2000 rpm limit, doesn't mean you have to use it. For your specs (even overclocked to 5.0 area), you will be able to let the radiator fans sit at 600-700 rpm when at load. That is going to be quiet. without a heavy watt GPU, you will also be able to let the case fans float gently along. That also should be quiet.

Thanks for that above reply c-attack.

Im planning to use Cubase and Reaper (digital audio workstations) as my main running programs (from a Samsung 970 Evo m.2) and also lite gaming in between with a moderate overclock.

I've had my current system since 2009 and can t believe how much things have changed in those ten years.

So, after all that time, it's finally time to upgrade. With so many new features such as fan speed controllers, heat sensors, AIO s etc it would be nice to get something modern with a little bling (rgb) for spending over £2000 that's also controlleble.

I'm happy for a few extra decibels as long as I'm not sitting next to a vacuum when trying to write music or sketched vocal recording (with vocal shield).

Corsair looks like they have a great case with the 500d and I must admit, I'm smitten with its looks!

Archived