Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro Fan Control

Charlbotha

Good day,

I am planning on migrating my rig to a new case shortly. I want to know before I go out and buy a Commander Pro unit if it can control all 6 PWM fans individually or will all of them run at the same speed? The cooler I am using is a H100i V2 paired with the ML120 Red LED fans. Will I be able to setup a custom fan curve according to the CPU temp or any of the 4 thermal sensors or will I still be bound to the coolant temp like I currently am using the H100i V2?

TIA

I assumed you would be connecting ML120 fans, but if not which fans do you plan to use?

I am asking as the CLCP has detection issues with some 3rd party fans.

The H100iV2 can use other than the H100iV2 temp. It's the older H100iGTX that only allows the H100iGTX temp when you use CL4.

Good, ML120/140 should be fine.

Yes, the Corsair names can cause confusion. When I see H100 posted I am never sure if it's a H100, H100i, H100iGTX or H100iV2 :eeeeek:! The GTX + V2 are also Asetek and the others CoolIT so totally different.

I find it easy to know which is which as I know which protocol each uses, some don't so I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156661

On a side note. The case I am going to use has space for 3 x 120mm in front and 3 x 120mm at the top. That makes six fans plus an exhaust fan equals 7 fans and the CLCP can handle 6 fans. Do you think I should populate the top and front with 120mm fans and then find some other way to control the exhaust fan or should I go with 3 x 120mm in front, 2 x 140mm up top and 1 x 120mm at the rear. That gives me total of 6 fans that can all be controlled from one place.

I would connect the two H100iGTX radiator fans to the H100iGTX and control their speed using the H100iGTX coolant temperature.

I you really wish to use the CPU temperature then connect them to the CLCP with a PWM Y splitter, but as the CPU temp will keep spiking they will keep changing speed for no good reason.

I suspect 3 x inlet and 3 x exhaust will work just as well as having 4 x exhaust, maybe better as the air pressure inside the case will be slightly higher so the GPU cooling should be better.

Yes I get what you are saying. The CPU and GPU temps are sometimes going to spike or drop down which would cause sudden audible spikes in fan speeds which can be irritating. The coolant temp on the other hand is much more stable so there will be less sudden changes in fan speed.

Archived