Corsair Community

Ax1500i Not Being Detected By Corsair Link

Akspud93

Hi everyone,

Was hoping someone might have a solution for this headache I've been working on the past two days.

I have just finish my build and I am in the process of configuring and installing all the software.

System specs: Here

I have the usb mini connected to the PSU, the other end with the 5pin internal USB connected to an Aquacomputer Hubby 7.

It shows in device manager as a corsair link dongle but with no associated drivers.

I first needed to disable secure boot after backing up the keys. I was then able to disable driver signature enforcement permanently via bcdedit. This seems to resolve the known issue of the latest driver not being signed.

Next if I install the latest corsair link 4.8.0.82. The driver gets installed and the device name goes from corsair link dongle with no driver to USBxp under USB devices. Inspecting the properties shows the driver installed.

However under corsair link the PSU is not present.

I then tried hooking the PSU directly to a mobo header and removing the hub from the equation. Again no difference.

An interesting note here. While there is no difference in the way windows behaves with out without the USB hub. The light on the PSU indicating USB connection does not illuminate while connected to the hub. It does illuminate green when it is connected directly to a mobo header.

I've read some people reverting to older versions of Corsair link fixed various other issues. Would anyone have a version they could recommend as well as a link for the download?

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks for the prompt response Red-Ray!

IIRC the only USB device reported in devmgmt is the USBxp device. The Ax1500i itself is not listed as a device. I am not currently home, but I will be glad to verify this is the case later today.

I just noticed you said Device Manager does report it so I am wondering it any utilities report it.

Does my SIV utility list it on [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices]? If both list it then I would expect CL4 to report it.

SIV 5.21 can't report USB connected AXi PSUs, but SIV 5.22 Beta-15 can so you could do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it and then check if it's reported on [Link Status] + [Link Power].

The driver install file corsairsiusbxp.inf calls both AXi PSUs + Asetek coolers "USBxp device" so it's tricky to know which is which, but guess that's the AX1500i. Either way [Link Devices] should make things clear.

I just noticed you said Device Manager does report it. I am wondering it any utilities report it.

Does my SIV utility list it on [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices]? If both list it then I would expect CL4 to report it.

SIV 5.21 can't report USB connected AXi PSUs, but SIV 5.22 Beta-15 can so you could do Menu->File->Download Beta to get it and then check if it's reported on [Link Status].

I will be sure to do this after work and post the results. Thank you for your assistance. What should the name be reported as in USB devmgmt? Is it suppose to show a different name in the windows menu that displays connected devices?

This is also the only corsair hardware in my system (not counting dominator platinum) so it shouldn't have conflicts with any other devices in link.

What should the name be reported as in USB devmgmt?

From memory it's Corsair USBXp Driver, but I updated mine to be called Corsair AX1500i C-Link Adapter by pressing the [Restart] button on [Link Devices].

What time zone are you in and when will you be back home? I am GMT -1, so it may be tomorrow before I can reply. It would be good if you set your location.

You should see similar to as below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30644&stc=1&d=1502467165

950044070_LinkDevicesAX1500i.thumb.png.a03ebcad5f51e9cc0668f1267c886510.png

From memory it's Corsair USBXp Driver, but I updated mine to be called Corsair AX1500i C-Link Adapter by pressing the [Restart] button on [Link Devices].

Location updated. I'm GMT -5

I will run SIV64 and see what is reported and try setting a friendly name as well.

So i came back from work to find that the PSU is magically appearing in CLS. Everything is reporting in SIV. Who knows what was causing the issue before. Thanks for this awesome utility nonetheless, it will certainly come in handy in the future.

Who knows what was causing the issue before.

I am pleased to hear "it fixed itself", but would not be surprised if the issue returned. I would keep images of the SIV screen shots so I could compare them with what gets reported if the issue returns.

I know there are issues with the Asetek H115i ... H80iGT coolers when the system resumes from sleep and as the AXi PSUs use the same SIUSBXP driver they may also have these issues. Nothing get's reported, but if from Device Manager you disable/enable the device it then starts working.

If you ever do figure out what the issue was I would like to know.

Right you were red-ray

The problem has reared its ugly head again. The PSU stopped being detected only now in addition my K95 Platinum is regularly loosing connectivity to the CUE software as well. Don't know if its related or not. Unplugging and plugging back in the keyboard fixes it. Unfortunately this method doesn't work for the PSU.

Noticed one thing. When I uninstall link and uninstall the device and drivers from Devmgmt and start the reinstall process. The device first shows up under USB devices "USBxp" the installing the software and rescanning devmgmt the windows says that a device requires additional setup and then shows as "corsair link dongle" but with no drivers.

Here are the screenshots from SIV

q3EPOL5.png

rLA5lOG.png

The problem has reared its ugly head again.

I have now released SIV 5.22 which has improved AXi PSU support (it now reports 5VSB) so you should update to SIV 5.22 :idea:.

I am sorry to hear the issue has returned, but in truth was almost expecting that it would.

I don't recall ever seeing error 31 for an AXi PSU and this means "This device is not working properly...(Code 31)". The ASUS Bluetooth Module get's the same which I expect is down to it being in power saving mode, but AFAIK this can't be the case for the AX1500i as it's not a HID device.

When the firmware crashes on my CLCC then I see error 31, so maybe the PSU firmware has crashed. Power down the system and unplug it for 5 minutes and see is this get's it working again.

I have noticed posts such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169777 about CUE + CL4 failing to play nicely, so maybe this is a factor.

I would not bother doing CL4 uninstall/install as this is unlikely to help and feel the issue must be down to a hardware, firmware or device driver issue. I would use Device Manager to uninstall then redetect the device and then look at the properties page to see if that gives any clues. Don't tell me what it says, but rather post the screen shot as I may notice things that you don't.

It's also possible the PNP log file (C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log) may provide insight. This is likely to be rather large, so I would uninstall the device, delete it, do find new hardware and then see what it contains. I just did this here and got as attached.

setupapi.dev.log

Thanks for the suggestions. Currenlty CL is uninstalled. I manually removed the device and the drivers from devmgmt.

I also removed and re-installed the bluetooth drivers from my mobo support page.

During the removal of the USBxp driver and then re-scanning process. Windows says "a device requires additional setup" several minutes later it comes back and says the device setup is complete. The dongle moves from being listed as USBxp under the USB devices to "Corsair Link TM USB Dongle" under other devices.

The very bottom of the setup.dev.log has the events related to the corsair link dongle.

EMlD4PR.png

o0EE9rF.png

VTI1wZA.png

ZXosxHT.png

setupapi.dev.log

The very bottom of the setup.dev.log has the events related to the corsair link dongle.

Great, I can see you got SIV 5.22 :biggrin:, but without the driver actually installed it's tricky to tell what is happening.

Don't install CL4, but rather try installing the driver I attached to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888388.

3.17MB is way too big and means I will be looking for a needle in a haystack, please delete it before installing the above driver so it will start again.

I think I have found it anyway. To me it looks like the driver that comes with CL 4.8.0.82 is not correctly signed and suspect the one I attached will be fine.

Did SIVX64.sys load OK? Please post the SIV initial screen so I can check and also post Menu->Windows->Startup + Menu->Hardware->ACPI Tables->UEFI Info screen shots as these may well provide some insight as to what is happening.

Once the above driver is installed then the AX1500i should be listed on [Link Devices], is it? If there is a [Link Power] button press it and post that screen as well.

dvi:                Install Device: Configuring device completed. 19:46:51.357
    dvi:                Install Device: Starting device. 19:46:51.357
    dvi:                Install Device: Starting device completed. 19:46:51.365
!!!  dvi:                Device not started: Device has problem: 0x34 (CM_PROB_UNSIGNED_DRIVER), problem status: 0xc0000428.
    dvi:           {Configure Device - exit(0x00000000)} 19:46:51.365
!    dvi:           Queueing up error report since device has a PnP problem...
    dvi:      {Install Device - exit(0x00000000)} 19:46:51.435

When the device had the issue did Device Manager report as below? I am pretty sure it must have.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30591&d=1501937560

Thanks again for the prompt response. Sorry I forgot to clear the log before posting. I will try with the recommended drivers later today and post the screen shots you requested. I know for sure though that I have disabled driver signature enforcement via bcdedit. So I am not receiving an error regarding an unsigned driver. Rather the error is the generic message about there being no appropriate driver installed for the device.

Not sure if this helps but I've been having wacky USB/Driver issues right from the get go of this new build.

The setup looks as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/qyGFDch.jpg

Essentially a few main things have been happening

1. Corsair link not detecting the PSU

2. Corsair Utility Engine continually looses connection to my K95 Platinum

3. My AquaComputer D5 pump stopped being detected correctly in aquasuite as a D5 pump, instead its being detected as an MPS device.

I'm beginning to think it might be time to re-install windows. Before I do that I will try bypassing the Hubby7 USB hub and plug everything I can directly to mobo headers.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

If you are going keep changing several things all at the same time this makes it almost impossible for me to help you.

If you wish me to try and help you then you need to take things one step at a time.

I know for sure though that I have disabled driver signature enforcement via bcdedit.

Given CM_PROB_UNSIGNED_DRIVER I suspect not.

I would use Device Manager to uninstall then redetect the device and then look at the properties page to see if that gives any clues. Don't tell me what it says, but rather post the screen shot as I may notice things that you don't.

Had you done as I specified then it would be far easier to help you. But instead you uninstalled CL4.

If it was my system it would take me maybe 30 seconds to figure out what is going on, but as I can't see your screen and control your system for me to help you need to do exactly as I ask.

Sorry if it seems messy. I'm trying to sort out several things at once. I've got enough of the other USB devices issues sort out that I can focus on this task and not make it anymore problematic than it needs to be.

I am certain that I have run: bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

I am certain that I have disabled secure boot and DEP is turned off.

Initially I absolutely did see the message above about the driver being unsigned in the device properties. This is no longer the message since turning off integrity checks.

In trying to fix the issue last night I had uninstalled CL and trying to manually install drivers for the device. Since then I have left it uninstalled.

I will try to manually install the device driver you have linked and see what the results are.

I should also add that this morning I powered off the machine and disconnected the PSU for 5 minutes before starting it back up. Currently all USB devices are connected as the image above shows.

Archived