Corsair Community

General Questions about Corsair One

XeroAura

Interested in buying a Corsair One, but had a few quick questions.

1. Does MSI live handle all the drivers for the mobo? (Is reinstalling Windows without using included recovery partition easy?)

2. For the new self upgrade feature, do the RAM/SSD have to be purchased from the Corsair store (or can I buy the equivalent parts from Amazon)?

• 5 months later...

So, MSI does provide all drivers for the Mobo. I would venture to also guess that reinstalling a new OS like MS Windows 10 x64 could provide drivers as well. However, I'd recommend installing the MSI Live to install the newest drivers.

As for self-upgrading, the RAM and SSD don't necessarily need to be purchased from the Corsair store. Although, I'm sure a rep would say "for best overall experience and compatibility....". I'm sure you'd be fine with purchasing RAM and SSD from your choice of manufacturer and price point and it'd work find in the Corsair One.

Note that if you get the model with the M.2 drive, Corsair doesn't consider the M.2 user replaceable, so doing it would breach your warranty. You'd need to send the system to Corsair for servicing in that situation. Though normal SSD's are user replaceable and wouldn't invalidate the warranty if you add or upgrad the standard SSD.

Archived