Corsair Community

VOID mic acting up weird in steam / steam games

EYT

after updating to the new CUE today my microphone (void 7.1 rgb USB) started acting up on steam and in games that uses the steam mic settings such as CSGO

the voice i output is very low pitched with a bit of added noise (like the blurred voices in the news)

the weirder part is that the microphone works well with the windows recorder and on skype sound test (and might even be on discord didnt check)

i tried degrading the the older version i had working but it just messed it up more and luckily the update fixed the new problems but i still got this one :P

anyone got a clue? any help is appreciated :)

i have the exact same problem as described by OP with the latest CUE with the same corsair headset in Rainbow Six Siege. All other programs like Skype/ Windows voice recorder/Discord etc... record my voice crisp clear but when I talk with friends inside the game's voice chat they say my voice sounds like alien.

Only way to solve the problem is by uninstalling the CUE completely.

this is really sucks because CUE really enhance and improve sound quality with presets and other options ... we need a fix ASAP.

i have Windows 10 64-bit latest updates and drivers.

update:

After some further testing's i think the problem is related somehow to the Steam in-game overlay since i can reproduce the issue with any game running in steam after pressing Alt+TAB to open the steam in game overlay -> voice tab and after starting voice test i can hear the my voice indeed sounds strange like alien.

update:

After some further testing's i think the problem is related somehow to the Steam in-game overlay since i can reproduce the issue with any game running in steam after pressing Alt+TAB to open the steam in game overlay -> voice tab and after starting voice test i can hear the my voice indeed sounds strange like alien.

Same for me :P only i dont have to do it in game and it works through steam settings....

it might have been something regarding steam + cue integration or some other thing since it doesnt have any problems in other programs....

i've even tried reinstalling steam completely

going down to CUE 1.6 and CUE 2.11 but both just created more problems that were fixed when updated to 2.15 :P

Same for me :P only i dont have to do it in game and it works through steam settings....

it might have been something regarding steam + cue integration or some other thing since it doesnt have any problems in other programs....

i've even tried reinstalling steam completely

going down to CUE 1.6 and CUE 2.11 but both just created more problems that were fixed when updated to 2.15 :P

This is sucks i can't use my headset without the CUE ... so basically it's useless right now ... going back to my Razer Kraken 7.1 until it will be fixed - hope soon.

EDIT UPDATE:

Linking the thread with same issue many people have the exact same problem with 2.15

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169036

I've been having the exact same problems as you guys did, fixed it by reversing to the CUE 2.14.67. I can't wait for Corsair to roll out a fix for this in the new CUE, as I think the problem really lies there. I'm so unhappy, we need to boost this thread up!

i only updated from 2.11 to 2.15 because lewis (the legend!) released a profile that really fits my theme and it didnt let me import it in 2.11

now i dont know if 2.14 will work with it and its a shame it has to be like that :'(

hopefully a fix soon

UPDATE!

i have uninstalled CUE

uninstalled the void drivers

deleted user settings as well via the uninstall

restarted and then downloaded the 2.14 version

microphone is working great! andddd...... i can import the profile! so this is my fix for now

I found a potential fix for the problem in 2.15 is to run "Troubleshoot sound problems" from right click in task bar at sound icon -> selecting the headset device and following on screen instructions.

When a window pops up asking you if you want to re enable sound enhancements click "no" and test the microphone in the game (Or in steam settings -> voice test).

This solution is not very consistent and I wasn't able to reproduce it again but it's worth a shot.

I found a potential fix for the problem in 2.15 is to run "Troubleshoot sound problems" from right click in task bar at sound icon -> selecting the headset device and following on screen instructions.

When a window pops up asking you if you want to re enable sound enhancements click "no" and test the microphone in the game (Or in steam settings -> voice test).

This solution is not very consistent and I wasn't able to reproduce it again but it's worth a shot.

This reminds me of the following fix --> [ame=

]
[/ame]

Problem for me (and most void users I'd wager) is that the headset is connected over usb, which entails that there isn't an enhancements or effects tab in the windows properties menu for the Corsair microphone.

Apologies if I'm not using the correct wording, using Dutch localization, so ...

This reminds me of the following fix -->

Problem for me (and most void users I'd wager) is that the headset is connected over usb, which entails that there isn't an enhancements or effects tab in the windows properties menu for the Corsair microphone.

Apologies if I'm not using the correct wording, using Dutch localization, so ...

Actually there is microphone enhancements coming from the CUE program. You can disable them in the method I described above The only problem is you won't be able to change audio settings or presets in the cue after doing it.

• Corsair Employee
Brought this issue to the attention of our developers, and I can confirm they are reviewing and working on implementing changes to CUE 2.16 to correct the issue. We apologize for the delay as we needed to confirm the issue on our end.

Brought this issue to the attention of our developers, and I can confirm they are reviewing and working on implementing changes to CUE 2.16 to correct the issue. We apologize for the delay as we needed to confirm the issue on our end.

Sounds great. Thank you! :D:

thanks! great to see a quick response after the maintenance! can't wait for 2.16 :)

Archived