The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017, 03:00 PM

POST ID # = 886782
JonathanGeorge Reputation: 10
Default Corsair void RGB crackling sounds

Hi, my headset has been giving me crackling / static sounds during gaming. Is this normal or is there a fix for this ? thanks

Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM

POST ID # = 886876
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If it only occurs in games and not anywhere else, I would try adjusting the in-game audio settings. e.g. lowering volume or changing the audio type and the Equaliser in CUE.
Do you have the VOID USB headset?

Old 01-16-2017, 08:01 AM

POST ID # = 886895
JonathanGeorge Reputation: 10

Yeah im using the Void Wireless. It only does it during gaming and youtube.

Last edited by JonathanGeorge; 01-16-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:01 PM

POST ID # = 887379
Hyncharas Reputation: 10

I've been using the Void Wireless for a few months, and it completely varies on what applications (or even what media files) generate a crackling sound.

The only thing I haven't heard crackling from is using it with my PlayStation 4, suggesting an incompatibility could exist with any out of a dozen or more audio codecs/drivers! It's a nightmare.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:20 AM

POST ID # = 887470
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

With the VOID Wireless headset, Interference from other wireless devices may cause static/crackle noise as well.

if it's only in certain media files/Applications, Lower the volume a tiny bit under Volume Mixer and it should resolve the issue.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:42 PM

POST ID # = 887888
Hyncharas Reputation: 10

So, in respect of some soundcards, I've found a partial workaround - if you go into the advanced settings for Power Options, there is a field called "Processor Power Management", with a subheading marked 'Minimum Processor State'...

By setting 'Plugged In' to 100%, the crackling on audio and music will disappear as long as you don't crank up the volume too high. However, from what I can tell, the bug is restricted to Windows 8/8.1/10, since certain audio technology (Alchemy, for example) is not present as it was in Windows 7.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 960343
BillDawall Reputation: 10

This will happen if you connect the USB receiver through a hub or extension cable instead of directly to the computer, because stupid design.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 960718
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
So, in respect of some soundcards, I've found a partial workaround - if you go into the advanced settings for Power Options, there is a field called "Processor Power Management", with a subheading marked 'Minimum Processor State'...

By setting 'Plugged In' to 100%, the crackling on audio and music will disappear as long as you don't crank up the volume too high. However, from what I can tell, the bug is restricted to Windows 8/8.1/10, since certain audio technology (Alchemy, for example) is not present as it was in Windows 7.
Sounds like the port isn't providing enough power for the dongle. Does it happen when connected directly to the mobo vs through a hub/extension?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:06 AM
dccows's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983338
dccows Reputation: 10

I had the same problem. Change usb port = all good

Old 12-20-2018, 01:04 AM

POST ID # = 986205
crajeejosh Reputation: 10

I am having this problem anyone found a fix? Just happened recently. its crackling sound/head set turns off.

Changed USB ports changed settings everything possible still disconnecting. Its weird, if I turn off my phone or TV then it will be less crackling.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Barricade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988651
Barricade Reputation: 10

Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.
But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

1. Uninstall iCUE from Programs and Features and reboot.

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.
Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

2. Go to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container".

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

6. Unplug the Dongle from the Computer and Reboot.

7. Install the latest version of iCUE with the Dongle unplugged and Reboot.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.
Let me know if it worked for you too.
Happy listening.

Last edited by Barricade; 01-07-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 PM

POST ID # = 989201
poop_slayer Reputation: 10
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.
But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

1. Uninstall iCUE from Programs and Features and reboot.

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.
Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

2. Go to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container".

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

6. Unplug the Dongle from the Computer and Reboot.

7. Install the latest version of iCUE with the Dongle unplugged and Reboot.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.
Let me know if it worked for you too.
Happy listening.
THANK YOU!!! This worked like a charm. I'm so happy I could kiss you.