Corsair Community

Void USB(corded) No audio :(

Osyrus

Hello hopefully someone can figure this out. I updated CUE after it bugging me for weeks yesterday to wake up this morning to no audio!

Things the pc/headset is doing:

Windows fails to play test tone in playback devices

Winamp wont play

No sound.

Fast blinking red light on headset after you try to access a audio file.

Things Ive done:

Uninstalled CUE restarted pc reinstalled new version x3 (1.11.86)

Uninstalled CUE restarted pc reinstalled old version (1.10.67)

Uninstalled CUE restarted pc reinstalled 3rd version (1.13.36)

Firmware is up to date

Diffrent USB ports -- 2.0,3.0,Front of case,Rear of Case

Hello hopefully someone can figure this out. I updated CUE after it bugging me for weeks yesterday to wake up this morning to no audio!

Winamp wont play

No sound.

Maybe the headset is in bootloader mode :).. try this

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152196 :)

Winamp wont play

No sound.

Things Ive done:

Uninstalled CUE restarted pc reinstalled new version x3 (1.11.86)

Uninstalled CUE restarted pc reinstalled old version (1.10.67)

Uninstalled CUE restarted pc reinstalled 3rd version (1.13.36)

Firmware is up to date

Diffrent USB ports -- 2.0,3.0,Front of case,Rear of Case

Are you using a USB hub to power your headset?

• 3 years later...

The time when you face failed to play test tone is an error that explains that there is something wrong with Windows and the sound device of your system. If this issue starts then your system will not have any sound and you are supposed to see that if your sound device is responding or not. We have some methods to fix this error but in case you want to go in detail then you can visit this website https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-failed-to-play-test-tone-error-on-windows-7-8-and-10/.

Method 1: Restart Windows Audio: Tap the Windows and R keys to run window. Now write services.msc in Open box and click Enter. Scroll from the services window and find the Windows Audio service. Here start it again by clicking the Restart button that is on the top toolbar. Close the services window and hopefully this issue would be resolved.

Method 2: Run sfc/scannow from an Elevated Command Prompt:

Tap the windows key so you can open the start menu. Write cmd and right-click the result to choose run as administrator. You will see an Elevated Command Prompt, here write sfc/scannow and tap Enter. Wait till the scanning process finishes and restart your system.

Method 3: Disable all enhancements:

Write Control Panel and open the result. Go for the option of Large Icons or Small Icons view and find the option of Sound. Choose your speakers by pressing them. Press the option of Properties and navigate to the Enhancements tab to disable all enhancements and sound effects. Press the option of Apply and then OK so you could save settings. Your issue would be fixed.

Archived