The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM
TheNyJan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752122
TheNyJan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManweVonValinor View Post
First I have to say, thank you for this programm. Since I have the K95 I wanted to let it staret a specific Profile when the monitor goes blank.
Second I have a problem, when I start my PC the idle Profile is active but it doesn't change when I use my mouse. I have to change the profile to automatic mode by myself.
Thank you :) Do you mean, that your idle profile on the CUE is active, or is it enabled by IdleKey?

Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
TheNyJan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752124

Quote:
Originally Posted by theace View Post
Thank You So Much
I'm sorry to report, but it seems like corsair's software is (again) the limiting factor here. I tested 4 different methods, always the same result: The software works, the profile switches in time (on desktop), but as soon as you enter the lockscreen, it turns to your ondevice-saved profile.

But at least I've got a small "fix": In the CUE, got to the profiles, select your idle profile from the dropdown menu, click the three bars next to it and click "Save to device memory". Note that this can ONLY display solid background lighting... :/

In the next build, I'll include an option, so you can test it for yourself.

This were probably 8-9 hours of my spare freetime wasted (had test-week, about 15 tests)

But anyway, have a nice one ^^

rgds

Old 01-10-2015, 03:27 AM
ManweVonValinor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752316
ManweVonValinor Reputation: 10

I edited the profile yesterday and since then everything works nice. I hope you haven't spend to much freetime because of me.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:28 PM
sours's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752411
sours Reputation: 10

Thank you!

Old 01-11-2015, 02:26 PM

POST ID # = 752605
Skiddywinks Reputation: 10

Only just got around to trying this out and it is far smarter than I was imagining, you have truly done an amazing job! Thanks!

And also just noticed the shout out! Thanks again!

Old 01-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Vishera's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752684
Vishera Reputation: 10

I just use automatic profile switching and have it set to my custom profile for when the screensaver kicks in.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:34 PM
TheNyJan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752925

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManweVonValinor View Post
I edited the profile yesterday and since then everything works nice. I hope you haven't spend to much freetime because of me.
No problem ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sours
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddywinks
Only just got around to trying this out and it is far smarter than I was imagining, you have truly done an amazing job! Thanks!

And also just noticed the shout out! Thanks again!
You're welcome guys ^^

Old 01-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Vishera's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753011

Hm I prefer this over my method! Have you fixed the profile change while locked issue? Now if I could figure out a way to have software send an IR signal to my desk lighting when the PC goes Idle I'd be set!

Old 01-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Vishera's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753033

I noticed this doesnt seem to switch back when I move my mouse or click, I have to click on an open window to turn it off/switch back to default

Old 01-12-2015, 09:21 PM

POST ID # = 753050
theace Reputation: 10
Important

Hello @TheNyJan!

It is great to hear you exploring and trying to fix this lockscreen issue. Sadly, I have discovered another issue. Scenario: I am currently playing Dragon Age, which I have a profile for it "DAI" but even when I am playing the game, IdleKey will take affect and go to my idle profile "HeartBeat." Then I believe the program realizes the computer is not in idle model and will within 1-2 seconds switch back to my DAI profile without me doing or touching anything. Also, same thing happens if I am using my xbox controller to play Dragon age.

Oo Also your temp. fix for the lockscreen issue is really not going to work for most cases because I have my default "Heat Reactive Profile" and for my idleKey I use my "HeartBeat Profile" so I really can not have two of them on my onboard memeory ;(

Thank You in Advance

Last edited by theace; 01-12-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:18 AM
TheNyJan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishera View Post
Hm I prefer this over my method! Have you fixed the profile change while locked issue? Now if I could figure out a way to have software send an IR signal to my desk lighting when the PC goes Idle I'd be set!

I noticed this doesnt seem to switch back when I move my mouse or click, I have to click on an open window to turn it off/switch back to default
The lockscreen issue is unfixable right now, due to cue limitations, sorry. The thing that it doesn't switch back will be fixed with the next patch, already worked that out.

The ir thing is doable, I'll answer your pm shortly ^^

Rgds

Old 01-13-2015, 04:28 AM
TheNyJan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753120

Quote:
Originally Posted by theace View Post
Hello @TheNyJan!

It is great to hear you exploring and trying to fix this lockscreen issue. Sadly, I have discovered another issue. Scenario: I am currently playing Dragon Age, which I have a profile for it "DAI" but even when I am playing the game, IdleKey will take affect and go to my idle profile "HeartBeat." Then I believe the program realizes the computer is not in idle model and will within 1-2 seconds switch back to my DAI profile without me doing or touching anything. Also, same thing happens if I am using my xbox controller to play Dragon age.

Oo Also your temp. fix for the lockscreen issue is really not going to work for most cases because I have my default "Heat Reactive Profile" and for my idleKey I use my "HeartBeat Profile" so I really can not have two of them on my onboard memeory ;(

Thank You in Advance
Nice to hear from you again ^^
Yeah, as I already stated above, the lockscreen issue is unfixable (for me), since it is handled by the cue software which I have no influence on. Corsair has to fix this, sorry.

The other issue is quite strange, it (obviously) shouldn't behave like this at all. I think I have an idea how to work that out, and it would be great you could test my build when it's worked out ^^

I'll pm you when I'm done.

Rgds

Old 01-15-2015, 03:16 PM
TheNyJan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753789

Hey theace,

could you please try playing Dragon Age with the custom input checker enabled (it's new in version v1.2)? Maybe that helps. IdleKey should no longer react to Controller Input, and this should also (hopefully) fix the issue when playing normally. Also I added a function to show off the issue with the lockscreen. Enable the session lock mode in the debug options (you need to assign a profile to "LockedModEXE.exe" first!), hold down your Windows key until the profile changes (IdleKey is now in locked mode) and then you can lock windows. As you can then see, it will switch back to the onboard profile, no matter what I do. After unlocking windows, you can see how IdleKey detects the unlock and switches back the profiles. It's just not possible to work around this. Sorry! Bug I hope I can help with the DA issue.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 PM

POST ID # = 754278
Oops

Thank You So Much! Yes, it seems like Dragon Age and other games are working correctly! Great Work! What is next to come @TheNyJan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyJan View Post
Hey theace,

could you please try playing Dragon Age with the custom input checker enabled (it's new in version v1.2)? Maybe that helps. IdleKey should no longer react to Controller Input, and this should also (hopefully) fix the issue when playing normally. Also I added a function to show off the issue with the lockscreen. Enable the session lock mode in the debug options (you need to assign a profile to "LockedModEXE.exe" first!), hold down your Windows key until the profile changes (IdleKey is now in locked mode) and then you can lock windows. As you can then see, it will switch back to the onboard profile, no matter what I do. After unlocking windows, you can see how IdleKey detects the unlock and switches back the profiles. It's just not possible to work around this. Sorry! Bug I hope I can help with the DA issue.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 PM

POST ID # = 754279
Oops Awesome

Thank You So Much! Yes, it seems like Dragon Age and other games are working correctly! Great Work! What is next to come @TheNyJan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyJan View Post
Hey theace,