Corsair Community

New build using Neutron XT, won't post.

So, I recently purchased a new neutron xt 240gb ssd to use to boot my os for my new build. Every time I try to post, it says that my brand new ssd is on the verge of eminent failure and i should back up all my data now.

Well.... this is incredibly annoying because every time i start my computer, it wont just boot w7. it goes to post, then i have to hit f1 and go into my bios, then hit f8 for the boot menu and manually select the ssd to boot. and finally after all that w7 will boot from the ssd.

my ssd is not on the verge of eminent failure. its brand new. i managed to load w7 and drivers... after about 50 boot loops and "eminent ssd failure" messages.

i used hd tune pro to check for bad sectors. there are no bad sectors. what the hell is going on here. the only other thing plugged into sata is my optical drive on port 6 and my ssd is plugged into sata port 2.

i have an asus x99 deluxe II board, i7 6800 haswell-e cpu, ax860i psu

someone please tell me what is going on here.....

Run Corsair's SSD toolbox and check the S.M.A.R.T. data if you have not done so already.

Have you tried updating the BIOS to the latest version?

You should be able to disable the S.M.A.R.T. warning in the UEFI, refer to your motherboard's user manual for further information.

Archived