Corsair Community

firmware update

mycel-x

Hello to the Corsair Forum.

When i want to flash my new Force 3 120GB (Serial:11296501000006820721; Signatur:142-142-"22788" ) @ my Mainboard @native (AMD 790X, SB750) Sata II Connector from Firmware 1.2 to 1.3. When i try it i became this Massage: Fatal_Error: Firmware download failed with error:(ECode:00000057).

I've download the 120 GB Firmware Package 3-4 times and with a another PC to. But allways i became this Result. In my extract Firmware Folder are only two Vic Files, one with "22788"...Micron_64GB... and one with ...22793...Intel_64GB... and this Capacity will not match with my 120 GB Force 3 but the Signatur of the end of the first Vic File will be matched with 22788. Please can you tell me whats wrong with my work?

thanks a lot from northern Germany, Peter

yes i tried all various suggestions from the PDF. i have bought my Force 3 three days ago and can't (don't want ;) believe that the ssd are broken.

please can you send me the original 1.3 firmware per email because:

"Firmware download failed with error:(ECode:00000057)"...

so i can try another essay (right?... ;) ) because there are no 120GB Vic files in my downloaded and extract 1.3 firmware folder.

"Did you use the 22788 firmware?" Yes but the 22788 Vic file is for...micron_64GB...?!!!

best greetings,peter

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the exact same error with the 60GB Force 3. (ECode: 00000057)

ASUS M4A88TD-M with SB850 southbridge.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-Chipset-Specs-SB850,7566.html

SB850 will be the last south bridge chipset using the new SATA 3 controller with speeds of 6 GB/s this year. Reports speculate that the chipset will only support AM3, and offer Gigabit MAC, AHCI 1.2, 6 SATA 3 interfaces...

Just to be clear, this drive can be updated while running the OS from which the updater is being run???

"Did you use the 22788 firmware?" Yes but the 22788 Vic file is for...micron_64GB...?!!!

best greetings,peter

Please read the forum post again very closely as suggested. Your concern is addressed in the post from which you downloaded the firmware.

Here is the Force Series 3 and Force GT 1.3.2 firmware update. Please carefully and completely read the following before you attempt to update your firmware.

IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR UPDATE

Be sure to download the correct version for your drive. Ignore any terms in the firmware file name relating to Micron, Intel, etc. This has no bearing on the upgrade. You need only match the SIGNATURE as noted in the .PDF file.

Archived