Corsair Community

AX370 Gaming 5 - RAM Incompatibility

TheTiesThatBind

Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3000MHz (CMU32GX4M2C3000C16R)

Is this model compatible with AORUS AX370 Gaming 5? A friend of mine has this RAM kit and he gets constant BSODs. He tried different RAM kit and the problem remained. I'm opening this topic cause the reseller of the Motherboard claims that it's RAM compatible issue but I'm certainly it's not since the same RAM with different CL is on the QVL.

Hope someone can help me out with a quick reply, thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee

Is this model compatible with AORUS AX370 Gaming 5? A friend of mine has this RAM kit and he gets constant BSODs. He tried different RAM kit and the problem remained. I'm opening this topic cause the reseller of the Motherboard claims that it's RAM compatible issue but I'm certainly it's not since the same RAM with different CL is on the QVL.

Might be that both kits are faulty, wouldn't be able to tell unless motherboard is exchanged since 2 kits have already been tried.

Might be that both kits are faulty, wouldn't be able to tell unless motherboard is exchanged since 2 kits have already been tried.

Well he claims that it’s incompatibility issue of both different ram kits and not the motherboard’s. I just needed a confirmation that even though the exact same RAM kit isn’t on the QVL the PC shouldn’t have BSODs, especially with the XMP off. Plus the 15CAS version of the same Ram kit (the Corsair one) is on the QVL so I don’t think that there is any incompatibility issue but a MOBO issue. Am I wrong?

After all QVL is just a list which confirms that some ram kits work and tune fine with that MOBO, ram kits out of the QVL just haven’t been tested.

Last but not list, on the Corsair Kit mentioned on main topic only difference is 1 CL right? I mean base speeds / timings are the same for both 15 and 16 CAS kit, right?

• Corsair Employee
Well he claims that it’s incompatibility issue of both different ram kits and not the motherboard’s. I just needed a confirmation that even though the exact same RAM kit isn’t on the QVL the PC shouldn’t have BSODs, especially with the XMP off. Plus the 15CAS version of the same Ram kit (the Corsair one) is on the QVL so I don’t think that there is any incompatibility issue but a MOBO issue. Am I wrong?

After all QVL is just a list which confirms that some ram kits work and tune fine with that MOBO, ram kits out of the QVL just haven’t been tested.

Last but not list, on the Corsair Kit mentioned on main topic only difference is 1 CL right? I mean base speeds / timings are the same for both 15 and 16 CAS kit, right?

I'm sorry if I didn't find all the questions in your response, but I don't think there's a compatibility thing. It's just like I said above with 2 kits probably being faulty and/or the motherboard being the issue.

-Art

Search for the Bios version F.23d for that Mobo

leave everything in auto and just select EZ----- on the frequency section

try 3200 (y)

Archived