Corsair Community

Can't update K55 keyboard

Tomvadie

I Downloaded Cue cause I read it supports the K55 by now, installation went smooth everything was fine until I saw I had to update a seperate file for K55 support.

Everytime I want to update it goes to 0% and says the update failed and suddenly can't detect the keyboard until I plug it in again (USB 3.1 port all drivers up to date).

When I plug it back in It detects it again but it doesn't light up even if I press the little button to activate the lighting, I also can't use the Function keys to change it.

At last the little annoyingly bright lights that usually light up when you have Capslock/numlock/Deactivate Windows button and manually record macro button all light up at the same time and I can't turn them off.

Even when I unplug and replug the keyboard the lights keep flashing the second it is connected again.

I even Uninstalled the software and downloaded it again, but it didn't help.

Please tell me if I am doing anything wrong with CUE or how to make the lights stop flashing and let me use the lighting again.

I have followed your instructions but it hasn't solved the problem.

Everytime I try to update the firmware the update aborts itself and can't detect the keyboard all of the sudden.

I've read other posts too and it's probably server related and Corsair has to come with a solution. In the mean time I have a half-functioning keyboard.

PS. I have bought this keyboard last July and have a 2-year warranty, do you think I can bring it in and either get a new one or my money back for this type of problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived