Corsair Community

Latest update kills my M65 RGB Pro Sniper setting

klininger

I've remapped my Sniper button to a double-click, and back/forward buttons to copy/paste. Since the latest update (2.20.72 installed somewhere around last week?) my sniper button never remembers its setting after a computer restart.

This seems to be a bug.

Just logged in to mention my back/forward buttons aren't working at all either and they're set for... forward and backward.

I updated to latest CUE 2 days ago with several normal restarts etc. I haven't tried to change any other settings.

Just logged in to mention my back/forward buttons aren't working at all either and they're set for... forward and backward.

I updated to latest CUE 2 days ago with several normal restarts etc. I haven't tried to change any other settings.

Can you remap it to Alt + LeftArrow and Alt + RightArrow? That is what i did and it seems to work, might also for you

The other buttons save fine. However...

The other buttons were assigned to copy and paste.

Just did a test. I assigned sniper to Paste and Backwards to Double-Click.

Upon restart, the sniper kept its Paste and Backwards is unassigned.

Therefore the bug is the Corsair app can't remember Double-Click (any maybe other mouse actions?)

• 1 month later...

I thought I saw a reply saying it worked for someone with the new version. However, It for sure doesn't work for me. I thought I remember them saying to create a new profile and that worked for them. But for me,

* Upon restart it also does not remember that I was using the new profile I created

* It still can't remember my double-click

Yeah.. that was me, i did not test it correctly which was why i removed it. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, You can use this workaround;

1. Create a new action with the remap mouse button.

2. Go to %appdata%\Corsair\CUE\profiles

3. Find the profile data which contains your profile to assign the left double click.

To do this, open the file in a text editor e.g. Notepad++

At about line 5 or so, you will see the profile name.

4. Ctrl+F and search for the name of the action e.g. Remap Key 1

5. Right under </base> should be;

<keyName></keyName>

Change it so that it looks like this

<keyName>Mouse_DoubleClickLeft</keyName>

6. Save the file

7. Right click the file > Properties > tick Read only.

This should resolve the issue for now. Do note that after setting the file to read only, You will not be able to configure the profile anymore via CUE.

Archived