Corsair Community

3.8.91 + 3.07 K63 Wireless iCUE crash

Apophis3

I just tested it, I am typing this on a k63 wireless and didnt have an issue. Running an insider build of win 10.

What version of windows are you using? Can you reproduce it and post logs? also was there any display scaling enabled?

Edit 1 oh wait sorry i was on a previous firmware for the k63 trying now!

Edit 2

http://www.smithany.com/k63lightingtabworking.png

it seems to be working, but maybe something went bad with your firmware update or last cue install? does it persist?

Edited by hastegag

On 1809 Win 10 Pro 17763.107

Lighting tab works for Dark Core, but keeps causing app shutdown with K63 (wired, I normally use it in BT mode). I can try reflashing, but I doubt it's the issue. I also tried doing a repair install with iCUE, but still does it.

EDIT: reflashed, still doing it.

EDIT2: appears issue is with the old default profile. Making a new profile allows me access to the tab, so some old data is causing the crash. Was able to cause the profile to crash again by adjusting the kb lighting using the preset brightness levels.

EDIT3: Setting lighting to "Ice Blue" in Settings causes shutdown. Everything works even with old profiles if it's set to "Blue"

Edited by Apophis3

...EDIT3: Setting lighting to "Ice Blue" in Settings causes shutdown. Everything works even with old profiles if it's set to "Blue"

Yes, same results on my end, wired, USB dongle in, settings ice blue, click back on lighting effects -> instant crash. 18267 pre release of win 10 but I suspect that is irrelevant.

Service Logs didn't yield much unless i over wrote them when i reloaded...

Good bug find! Blue regular, non ice blue i have no issues with

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No problem here but FW v. 3.07 kick in a strange battery saving mode. After a couple second I must press a key to wake it up and in game this is make me dead many times. But unpick the "stop LED after...." fix it. Edited by idgforum

• 1 year later...

First, sorry to be performing thread necromancy. I only made an account to post the fix to hopefully help any future lost souls like me.

I bought a K55 about 6 months ago. Lighting tab crashed just like OP here. Never bothered diagnosing it until recently, but after several hours/days of trial and error on and off, I fixed this. Plug the keyboard into a USB 3.0 slot. It was still crashing occasionally at first, but it's solid after a reboot.