The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 02:08 PM

POST ID # = 990854
Shinchan Reputation: 10
Sad H115i Platinum - 1/2 Fan RGB color flickering

I recently install the H115i Platinum. 1/2 RGB fan using Spiral Rainbow would have flickering. The other working RGB fan is a smooth transition of color. If i switch the RGB fan header, then both end up flickering.

i also have 1 Commander Pro with 5 ML RGB installed. THose are working correctly. Color transition is working fine. IF I plug the not working RGB Fan from H115i to the commander pro. It also is flickering. Solid color is not solid. If i select white, it would turn into 3 section yellow.. 1 section redish yellow. other fan are switch color correctly.

Next i tried to removed commander Pro Light 1 node. Plug in new light node with 1 not working RGB fan, it exhibit same problem.

At this point, I am thinking that fan's RGB is defective. I open a ticket with Corsair....

Old 01-21-2019, 03:12 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990862
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Yes, that sounds very much like a bad fan. The fans pass the control signal in series - so one bad fan can affect the next one in the chain. That explains why switching the RGB header changes behavior.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.