Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 500D Case - 240mm Radiator Clearance

YuriyKurri

Hello, I want to build my next gaming rig using the parts linked below which include the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE Case and the 240mm Corsair H100i PRO AIO. I want to mount the cooler up top in a push configuration. Purpose being I want all the 120mmLL fans to illuminate and face the inside.

My question is, even though the manual from the case says the top of the case supports a 240mm radiator, will I have any issues with clearance that would affect the motherboard? I read that even though sometimes the manual says it supports it, it doesn't always fit.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER.

I am not planning on any overclocking right away but I may do so later on. For now the 240mm should be enough without any OCing.

Also if anyone has any tips or thoughts on my build, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you, Yuriy.

PC Parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yRzLLJ

I don't have the same board, but I built a 500D rig, non SE RGB, with Asus X470-F ROG Strix Gaming board and H115i Pro 2800 mm AIO. I wanted the 280 in front and mounted it in the front but test fit it up top too just to see if it fit and it did. The top 280/240mm mounting plate even swapped to the front and the front 360mm mounting plate swapped to the top. I'd rather use the backplate with two 140mm cutouts than a backplate with 3 120mm cutouts for 140mm fans to not imped air flow. The only other difference between the mounting plates was that the top 280mm mounting plate had two pieces of black foam insulating tape installed to maybe stop a minor rattle from occurring. I added some insulating tape to the 360mm plate in the same spots. The top VRM heatsink was close to the fans up top, but it fit.

Archived