The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2018, 01:47 PM

POST ID # = 986337
TronPlayer Reputation: 10
Default Will there be DIY support?

I was excited to see the iCUE software available for OSX. I have a dual boot Windows/OSX system that I'm building. I recently purchased 32GB of Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4, Lighting Node PRO, HYDRO Series H115i Platinum, and 2 LL140 RGB fans. Today, I was sick to read this -

2.) Why does iCUE for macOS not support DIY products?
We use Windows Service to control DIY products and we also use CPUID SDK to do so. Unfortunately, neither of these are compatible with macOS at this time. We are looking at alternative methods but as most people are using macbooks and mac desktops, we don’t think there is a strong enough demand yet to support DIY with users who have Hackintosh’s. However, we are carefully monitoring feedback as well as investigating how to improve the overall experience when it comes to device support.

Does this mean it will be impossible to control Corsair RGB through the iCUE OSX App? If so, are there plans to implement this? Thank you.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 986339
TronPlayer Reputation: 10

One more question if you don't mind. If it is currently impossible to control all of my Corsair products through the OSX iCUE App, then can I save a default color profile in Windows and will it be used when OSX boots?
Old 12-21-2018, 08:19 PM
wraukon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986505
wraukon Reputation: 10
Default Linux Support requested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We don't have any plans to support Linux at this time.
That's a shame; I'm hoping you will find your way this direction, as the K95RGB is a GREAT keyboard with much potential to offer Linux/UNIX developers.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:28 PM

POST ID # = 986514
me262 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronPlayer View Post
2.) Why does iCUE for macOS not support DIY products?
We use Windows Service to control DIY products and we also use CPUID SDK to do so. Unfortunately, neither of these are compatible with macOS at this time. We are looking at alternative methods but as most people are using macbooks and mac desktops, we don’t think there is a strong enough demand yet to support DIY with users who have Hackintosh’s. However, we are carefully monitoring feedback as well as investigating how to improve the overall experience when it comes to device support.

Does this mean it will be impossible to control Corsair RGB through the iCUE OSX App? If so, are there plans to implement this? Thank you.
It is possible. With enough coding and resources, it's certainly achievable. Corsair is probably not willing to put a person on this full time, especially when they
1) have to rewrite firmware for 95% their products
2) find a way to start the iCue service up when OSX boots/user logs in (Windows Service is kind of a cop-out, but I get it, I had to work around it in a .Net Core app as well, but windows services is much easier to do in that tech).
3) Code around a windows only SDK.

It makes sense for them to not support a Hackintosh right now. Apple has gone to great lengths to pick and choose what components go in their systems, and as such offers streamlined system performance because of it (think that's just the cost of parts you pay for? you also pay for the R&D that went into it). You get into unsanctioned hardware and drivers then things get really messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraukon View Post
That's a shame; I'm hoping you will find your way this direction, as the K95RGB is a GREAT keyboard with much potential to offer Linux/UNIX developers.
I second that wholeheartedly. I'd love Linux support, but I'll settle for OSX, it's a small stepping stone to Linux afterwards.
What I'd really love right now is K95RGB support on OSX (firmware 2.0x here).
Old 12-22-2018, 03:07 PM

POST ID # = 986601
davidbdeath Reputation: 10

CKB-Next doesn't require updated firmware and currently supports more devices. Why do you need CPUID to control RGB on fans? Am I understanding correctly you can not use a corsair AIO cooler outside of a booted windows environment?

Last edited by davidbdeath; 12-22-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:20 AM
DrConflict's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986681
DrConflict Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbdeath View Post
CKB-Next doesn't require updated firmware and currently supports more devices. Why do you need CPUID to control RGB on fans? Am I understanding correctly you can not use a corsair AIO cooler outside of a booted windows environment?
Corsair AIO coolers work well on hackintosh builds as well. I know since one of my builds has a h80i v2! Working perfectly fine!
Old 12-24-2018, 12:52 AM

POST ID # = 986764
patr!ck Reputation: 10

@Corsair James

Any updates on this to get it working on the Mac?

I love this damn keyboard, it would be great to have the additional features on it working too, as I'm sure many would!
Old 12-24-2018, 07:44 PM

POST ID # = 986835
davidbdeath Reputation: 10

DrConflict How does it work in non windows OS? Does the motherboard control it or do you set a profile in windows and it uses that to control the pump and fans? If it is software controlled how does the pump get the cpu temp? The manual isn’t clear my h110 is all motherboard controlled that’s how I like it.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:50 PM

POST ID # = 986901
Duncan9 Reputation: 10

Excellent timing! I just received the Void Pro RGB for Christmas. Sweet! Then I find out there is no Mac support. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6. Not so sweet. Found this thread because I don't give up easy but most will so can you put a link on your main page please? You'll avoid returns and build even more support. It works in all ways I've tried, though I haven't messed with the EQ settings beyond the presets.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:32 PM

POST ID # = 986920
me262 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan9 View Post
Excellent timing! I just received the Void Pro RGB for Christmas. Sweet! Then I find out there is no Mac support. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6. Not so sweet. Found this thread because I don't give up easy but most will so can you put a link on your main page please? You'll avoid returns and build even more support. It works in all ways I've tried, though I haven't messed with the EQ settings beyond the presets.
Congrats on getting that for Christmas!
The iCUE software for OSX definitely says they support VOID headsets (except for Stereo models), first post.
I would definitely look to update your computer to at least High Sierra (Mojave works really well though, I'm digging the black look).
I doubt Corsair will put a link to beta software on their front page, it still needs work, products also need work to support it, and putting beta software on their main website will not instill confidence of stability in the community if it does.

@CorsiairJames, what's the status of the iCUE OSX software? Don't need details, but maybe a % completion and possibly some information on roadblocks / fixes that we can look for(ward to).

Last edited by me262; 12-25-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:56 AM
DrConflict's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987012
DrConflict Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbdeath View Post
DrConflict How does it work in non windows OS? Does the motherboard control it or do you set a profile in windows and it uses that to control the pump and fans? If it is software controlled how does the pump get the cpu temp? The manual isn’t clear my h110 is all motherboard controlled that’s how I like it.
Everything is motherboard controlled and very stable.
I get very low temps with my 6700K with 1450 rpm on average.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:23 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987092
BlackScorpion Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan9 View Post

This works with well with High Sierra, I'm using it now with it. Just install and create your pre-sets
Old 12-28-2018, 06:59 AM

POST ID # = 987324
xXTFJXx Reputation: 10

My K63 wireless is not being detected by the icue software on my mac. I've tried using icue on a virtual windows machine (parallels) to no avail. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:03 PM
iAndrewT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987413
iAndrewT Reputation: 10

I'd definitely be interested in DIY product support (if I don't switch to Ryzen in my next build). You should look into how FakeSMC/VirtualSMC (both open source) gather sensor data and how iStat Menus (not open source) or HWMonitor (open source) display it. Also, OpenCorsairLink may be useful too
Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 AM

POST ID # = 987557
MaxiKing420 Reputation: 10

Hello, I hope you can help me.
I have a Scimitar Pro and a MacBook Pro Late 2013 with macOS Mojave 10.14.2 and iCUE don't work with my mice. It don't find the device in iCUE... please help me with this problem