Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2018, 05:32 AM

POST ID # = 986072
makatech Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvn87 View Post
I have the same problem with the USB connection h115i platinum
It's a bit embarrassing how Corsair is dealing with this issue, somebody from Corsair should clarify things. Did you try the workaround only using static color in iCUE (if this helps)?

On the tech forum in Sweden several users recommended me using Corsair Link instead until iCUE stabilizes for the platinum series but I don't think this is an option since h115i platinum isn't compatible with Corsair Link.

We should try getting together notifying all reviewers out there about this issue. There are probably many reviewers out there giving Platinum great reviews totally unaware of this bug.

People reading the great reviews and some are actually buying this for the rgb features, I would get angry. For me it's not a huge issue because I didn't buy it for the rgb effects but I really understand why some people are angry about this and Corsair shouldn't get away with this. Until it is solved they should at least put some info on the official product page and support sections about this instad of hiding.

Last edited by makatech; 12-20-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 986367
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17

Hey everyone, this is a known issue and the team is actively working on getting a solution for this. Several users have been very helpful with this and we hope to have a solution soon. One option you could utilize - is the Hardware Lighting playback. This could be used by users who are currently experiencing this issue.

As other mentions, you can use a static light effect and the disconnect shouldn't occur. But in the meantime, if you want to use these RGB effects, click on "Lighting Effect" and underneath it, you should see "Hardware Lighting".
You will have to remove either the Link cable or close iCue afterwards, but this would allow users to use these RGB effects. This is just a temporary solution till we work out the issue. Sorry for the trouble this has caused anyone.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:38 AM
Lord_Mikoda's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986528
Lord_Mikoda Reputation: 10

Just like to reply to this since it is the only thread I can find with a Corsair Rep response.

This issue is still happening, and I have tried everything to get it to stop. Setting the lights to static appears to fix it, but I didn't pay extra for static LEDs. This was the final part in a VERY healthy build, so it would be nice if there were some sort of update. Honestly the disconnects wouldn't be all that bad if it weren't for the sound effect over and over every minute or so. The cooling seems to be unaffected, but still. Come on Corsair, Everything in my case is Corsair, can we get this one thing fixed?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:24 PM

POST ID # = 986590
StrikeQ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post
Hey everyone, this is a known issue and the team is actively working on getting a solution for this. Several users have been very helpful with this and we hope to have a solution soon. One option you could utilize - is the Hardware Lighting playback. This could be used by users who are currently experiencing this issue.

As other mentions, you can use a static light effect and the disconnect shouldn't occur. But in the meantime, if you want to use these RGB effects, click on "Lighting Effect" and underneath it, you should see "Hardware Lighting".
You will have to remove either the Link cable or close iCue afterwards, but this would allow users to use these RGB effects. This is just a temporary solution till we work out the issue. Sorry for the trouble this has caused anyone.
Mine seems to bug out when if I launch Steam while iCue is running. If I close iCue and launch steam, I can relaunch iCue and the USB won't malfunction.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Lord_Mikoda's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986600

Just an update, Gave it a while, and even with lights in static mode, still getting disconnects, although less frequent. I have tested Closing ICue, not running steam, and even booted into safe mode, and after 3 hours in safe mode, I had roughly 10 disconnects (I wasnt at the computer for all of the time)

I have gone as far as completely wiping the drivers, and still nothing is helping.

Hopefully this info helps solve the issues

Old 12-23-2018, 02:01 AM
LinkyPinky87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986645
LinkyPinky87 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Glaive RGB
K95 Platinum
MM800C
CoPro
5 140LL Fans
HS70
H115i RGB Platinum
Vengeance Pro RGB

So yes, full Corsair system.
Have you tried running only the H115i and mouse/keyboard connected?

As soon as I unplugged my RM1000i from a USB header, and reset the computer... all the issues with the H100i had gone.
Altho now I can't see anything going on the with rm1000i....

Old 12-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Lord_Mikoda's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986712

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkyPinky87 View Post
Have you tried running only the H115i and mouse/keyboard connected?

As soon as I unplugged my RM1000i from a USB header, and reset the computer... all the issues with the H100i had gone.
Altho now I can't see anything going on the with rm1000i....
I know this isn't directed at me, but I also run the same PSU, and it's not connected to a header and I still have the issues.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:31 PM
squanchy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987015
squanchy Reputation: 10

just doing a bit more research, anyone who's having this problem also have other "corsair" perifs? I have the k70 lux and I find that when my h115i plat disconnects it renders the LED's on the keyboard dead...I have to either restart or unplug and plug back in the keyboard usb's but after that the h115i stops disconnecting periodically. just my two cents trying to help fix this issue. =( stinks because sadly I do like others love the RGB and only purchased this model for the RGB aspect...I hope we all get a fix soon

Old 12-26-2018, 02:17 PM

POST ID # = 987029
Simion Reputation: 10

I had this problem and I think my friend found a solution.

I do not know what it will look like in the English version, but you have to turn it off. After the change, the disconnect problem disappeared.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:18 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987030
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simion View Post
I had this problem and I think my friend found a solution.

I do not know what it will look like in the English version, but you have to turn it off. After the change, the disconnect problem disappeared.
Nope, this was one the very first things which I could answer is not the cause of this issue as I use the ultimate performance mode with such things of course turned off.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 987034
Simion Reputation: 10

It works for me :) .

---------------------------------------------
EDIT 27-12-2018

However, it does not work ...
Disconnection is less (much less), but it still is.

Last edited by Simion; 12-27-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:17 PM
quattromaniac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987375
quattromaniac Reputation: 10

Same problem here.....
Static white light have been working. But today the white light changed to light yellow/orange. I can change it back in iCUE but just for a while.....

Old 12-30-2018, 07:58 PM
nezff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987624
nezff Reputation: 10

Ok. I was in the market for a h115i platinum. Is this a problem on with these units? The h100i platinum I purchased doesn't exhibit this issue.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Breezerex's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987688
Breezerex Reputation: 10

Er..... I got this disconnect from USB too..... Fan ran at a super slow rate and I can't see the pump or fan speed inside icue as the USB was shown disconnected in device manager.....seriously Wtf man corsair. Give u one month before I return this expensive garbage and go nzxt.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:01 PM
nezff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987711
nezff Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezerex View Post
Er..... I got this disconnect from USB too..... Fan ran at a super slow rate and I can't see the pump or fan speed inside icue as the USB was shown disconnected in device manager.....seriously Wtf man corsair. Give u one month before I return this expensive garbage and go nzxt.
They know about it and are working on a solution.