Corsair Community

iCUE prevents system sleep/standby

ritalin

I recently purchased the LL120 3 pack with the Link Node Pro.

After installing the iQue software I noticed my PC was no longer starting the screensaver, turning off the monitors or going to sleep.

If I stop the software and service, the above problems are still present.

If I prevent the software/service from starting on boot, the problem is rectified, but the fans go back to demo mode.

If I uninstall the software, obviously the issue is resolved, but fans run in demo mode.

I have tried searching this issue on Google and found one other user with the same problem, but a reinstall of iCue seems to have resolved his problem.

I attempted the same on my system but had no luck. As soon as the software is installed again the problem returns.

Ive run "powercfg -requests" and it returns nothing preventing sleep, though this seems pretty common for issues such as this in Win10. Quite a few bits of software seem to keep the system awake and are not reported with this command. Im looking at you ADOBE.

Running:

iQue - v3.6.109

Node Pro - v0.05.104

Win10 - v1803

Could you export your iCUE logs and upload them. That way they can take a closer look at the issue. There were reports of this happening before but from what I know it was said to be fixed. But clearly there are still some bugs.

Oh, look at that.

Totally overlooked the logs button.

Sorry would have provided them, to begin with, had I seen it.

iCue_Logs.zip

An update to this issue for the iCue team.

I have suspected that the Sleep issue here revolves around the fact that the Node Pro connects as a USB device directly to a USB header.

Win10 seems to have a ton of these issues with different USB devices.

If the device is booted up with the Node Pro attached and iCue blocked at startup. The sleep issue is NOT present.

If the device is booted with the Node Pro disconnected at the USB header and allow iCue to launch it will only interact with my Corsair Vengeance RBG DIMMs.

The sleep issue is not present.

This issue seems to be related to how iCue interacts with the node pro as a USB device. It is NOT the software itself causing the problem.

I noticed that on boot before the iCue software starts, there are no issues with Sleep/Idle.

When the iCue software starts I get a Win10 notification chime that new hardware has connected (USB). Since Win10 has a good deal of issues revolving around USB and Sleep/Idle, I suspected this might be the root cause. Disconnecting the USB device (node pro) and running iCue without issues seems to confirm that.

Im hoping to get an answer to this soon as my only choices as of right now are to run the fans in demo mode without the software present or reboot my PC every time I step away from it for more than a few minutes.

Hello, same issue here. Using iCue, Lighting Node PRO, 3x ML120's and a 115i PRO RGB.

Using usbdeview to track down and disable the Lighting Node PRO USB device allows the PC to sleep. Resets the lighting to demo rainbow though.

Have tried using powercfg -requestsoverride but that thing is finiky at the best of time and it won't have a bar of it. Seeing the Lighting Node Pro uses the default windows HID drivers, I can't just add the HIDdriver to the override because my computer would sleep, forever. Ha ha.

I'm out of ideas short of finding a program which force-sleeps after a set time.

Attached are my logs, two files of each. There is 2 or so minutes of inactivity there where it should sleep. Second one (labeled) I let iCue continue logging after disabling the Lighting Node Pro. . There's a weird repeating error with the 115i, which doesn't appear to be affecting operation (or sleep) at all.

Service logs.zip

Update : As I began reinstalling my generic apps, Sleep/Screensaver/Monitor Off stopped working.

So I began exiting my new apps one by one and success! Logitech Gaming Software (controls my kb and mouse LEDs) seems to be a problem.

I'll keep working at it.

Ah lucky you, sounds like a different issue to us.

We aren't using the commander, and it's directly tied to iCUE being on (or off) / Lighting Node Pro being connected(or not).

In my opinion its an issue with how windows is "seeing" the Node Pro default HID drivers. The 115i doesn't use the default drivers, so the computer can sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I no longer seem to have the problem. Uninstalling Steel Series Engine fixed the problem. Must uninstall as exiting the application did not resolve the issue.

Also, I mispoke when I said that I had the commander. I have the LNP.

Good Luck.

I have the same issue. When iCUE is running, sleep doesn't work. Once I turn off iCUE, sleep works as expected.

I've ended up leaving iCUE off permanently and setting the lighting presets that I use as the on-board profiles for my K95.

Running Windows 10

I just realized that the latest iCue software has a "Hardware Lighting" option.

It allows the fans to have a specific setting (although few less options) when the iCue software is off. Works during boot up too so I imagine it may fix any standby issues.

Click your selected profile in the software and at the bottom left corner you'll see "Hardware Lighting" in the list.

Good luck.

Thanks buddy! I was meant to post an update but forgot.

I reinstalled it about a week ago (the newest version), and it is sleeping fine now!

Will give the Hardware Lighting option too.

There was no mention of the sleep issues in the patch notes, but it looks like whatever they've done has fixed it (at least for me). Thanks Corsair.

I no longer seem to have the problem. Uninstalling Steel Series Engine fixed the problem. Must uninstall as exiting the application did not resolve the issue.

Also, I mispoke when I said that I had the commander. I have the LNP.

Good Luck.

Hello Fourrr, thanks for the heads-up on your findings. I also have the Steel Series Engine installed. I'll try removing it and testing iQue again.

I'll post back with my findings.

• 5 weeks later...
I've uninstalled Steelseries and computer will now go to sleep with iQue running. Not really an issue since Steelseries mice retain their RGB color without being connected to software. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I can't thank you all enough for troubleshooting this issue. Like others here, I've had to uninstall SteelSeries Engine 3 in order to get my computer to sleep or display the screensaver. Unfortunately, I'm not excited about this solution because I also have a SteelSeries Keyboard with macro keys which no longer work with the Engine uninstalled. I'm curious if there could be some input from Corsair here on the issue?

Is there a way to make it so the Lighting Node Pro is not mistaken for an input device? Has anyone looked into SteelSeries providing a fix? Where can we go from here to get a real solution to this?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found a temporary solution for myself that might work for anyone else.

Run command prompt in administrator mode > Type powercfg -requestsoverride PROCESS "Corsair.Service.exe" SYSTEM

The corsair.service appears to be writing a lot of fan related data which I guess somehow prevents the pc from sleeping in my case. Ending the task via task manager just results in it being initialized 1 minute later even with ICUE closed as its by default set to do so in windows services.

5c8Xuh3.png

If doing the powercfg -requestsoverride doesn't work for the corsair.service.exe then try another corsair service from task manager.

I found a solution too. If I open iCUE and then I change just one setting related to the fan speed (e.g. moving from 800 RPM to 900 for one fan) the problem is solved and PC goes in Stand-By. No idea why that happens.

• 1 year later...

Background:

I stumbled across this issue recently, I noticed that the screen saver wouldn't turn on and the computer wouldn't enter sleep regardless of my power settings when my Corsair USB headphone adapter (HS60) was plugged in. I originally installed the software to manage my H110iGT CPU cooler. After messing around with various settings and almost giving up, I discovered the following.

Solution:

In the settings uncheck the "Enable SDK" box and this clears the issue for me. I do not use a 3rd party application to control the iCUE software, so this solution is reasonable for me, others may not want to give up that capability.

• 7 months later...