The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 09:29 AM
BerenGaldos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940228
BerenGaldos Reputation: 10
Question Can't re-install Headset Software 2.0.37 for H1500

As said, I bought a Corsair gaming headset (H1500) 2 or 3 years ago, and today the assistant wouldn't launch.

I tried to uninstall it and get it back again, restarting my computer and going through this all over again a few times, but I definitely can't find out what's wrong, even here on the forum.

This bothers me a bit as I am now used to my own audio settings with the assistant for quite a long time now :/ Any idea what I could have missed, or done wrong ?

Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 AM
BerenGaldos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940243

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerenGaldos View Post
As said, I bought a Corsair gaming headset (H1500) 2 or 3 years ago, and today the assistant wouldn't launch.

I tried to uninstall it and get it back again, restarting my computer and going through this all over again a few times, but I definitely can't find out what's wrong, even here on the forum.

This bothers me a bit as I am now used to my own audio settings with the assistant for quite a long time now :/ Any idea what I could have missed, or done wrong ?
EDIT : I deleted the "driver" through windows settings panel, and now the installation manager only allows me to "delete the previous version" (or something like that, I'm french...) and can't even do this when I tell him to try (I checked, there's no file left of the "previous version"...). Any help ? :/

Old 02-13-2018, 07:28 AM

POST ID # = 940328
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Can you take a screenshot of the installer or error?

If you have not done so already, put in a support ticket with Corsair and see whether they can provide any suggestions as well.
https://support.corsair.com/

Old 02-13-2018, 09:13 AM
BerenGaldos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940349

https://imgur.com/a/YTQWT
Here are the screenshots. I already wrote a ticket but I'm afraid they won't answer as the H1500 headset is not in the "parts list"...

Old 02-13-2018, 11:13 AM
BerenGaldos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940355

Ok, problem's still the same but I sort of got rid of the "sound settings" issue with windows, apparently my PC's soundcard (Asus) took over everything and tried to set the audio output to 7.1, whereas I only use 5.1, and used a different "play peripheral" as the one used by default for the headset.

But as I said, problem's still here and can't get back the Corsair sound assistant... So it doesn't really bothers me anymore but if you have any idea... Thanks

Old 02-14-2018, 06:08 AM

POST ID # = 940498
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If you are confident with modifying the Windows Registry, you can try and delete entries related to Corsair as it seems the driver was not uninstalled correctly.

Otherwise, install the driver on another computer, copy over the files from the install folder to your computer. This should work as well.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 940515
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerenGaldos View Post
I already wrote a ticket but I'm afraid they won't answer as the H1500 headset is not in the "parts list"...
It looks like they already responded to you. The part numbers for the H1500 are in the support portal.

Tags
2.0.37, driver, h1500, headset, software