Emerald Reputation: 10
Happy

Thanks! That did the trick!

Old 10-19-2017, 06:15 PM

POST ID # = 923880
Macjai Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Aw, that's mean. If we wanted to force you to run LINK 24/7, we never would've had hardware playback in the first place. ;)

The real reason this change occurred was to enable synchronized lighting effects in the future as well as support upcoming RGB products that Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro would not have been able to handle in hardware playback.

That said, I'm not pleased we had to sacrifice a feature people were used to in order to do that, and I'm working with the software team to provide short and hopefully long term solutions to this.

As I said before, we're working on it. The feedback has been heard loud and clear. I'm not in the office at present (out on a business trip) so I can't push for an immediate fix but I'm working on something.

Will there be a hardware playback solution for the new Corsair 120 LL? I'm using the older firmware and the 3rd fan's outer ring doesn't light up (I bought the 3 pack). I think it's just an issue of having to rely on the older Corsair HD profiles for hardware playback (no other options on the older firmware) and because of that, it's not accounting for the total number of extra LEDs 3 x Corsair 120LL has over 3 x Corsair HD 120.

Just about every other RGB product can remember the last settings and play it back without software (my GPU, motherboard, ram sticks, and NZXT water cooler do this just fine). Just like many others, I too do not want to rely on Corsair Link to run 24/7. There are other OSs that I run that Corsair does not support and I really don't want to stair at rainbow candy land when I'm doing my work in them.

Also, the corsair lighting node is quite an expensive product on its own and there should be no excuse for it not to be able to retain at least one playback profile. In fact, just the 3 pack of these fans costs more than any other RGB fan out there. Please make it worth the cost!

Old 10-20-2017, 12:03 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923907
Zotty Reputation: 52

Slightly off on a tangent lol.....

Daaaamnnn... that Demo effect looks really cool on the LL fans. was 'ok' on my HD fans.. but so much nicer on the LL's.. bring on being able to select it as an option!

Old 10-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923956
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

The hardware for the Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro was designed well before the LL fans were even conceived.

While I'm trying to include hardware playback for products wherever possible, the LL fans will always be software only.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:20 PM

POST ID # = 924699
Macjai Reputation: 10

Quote:
The hardware for the Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro was designed well before the LL fans were even conceived.

While I'm trying to include hardware playback for products wherever possible, the LL fans will always be software only.
I noticed that I can get 3 LL120 fans to light up by adding 4 HD120 fans into the lighting profile. I think it's currently going off the number of LEDs found in each fan, so by adding 4 HD120 (48 LEDs) fans on the software end, it's enough to compensate for all of the leds across 3 LL120 fans (also 48 LEDs). It's not perfect, but I can at least hardware playback on the LL120s using this method (since it seems to be a feature restricted to older fans/profiles).

What I can't do is have LED playback across more than 5 devices (LED strips or fans). The maximum LED count has been reached by then.

Would it be possible to make a new profile based on the HD120 fans and just up the LED count from 12 to 16?

Old 10-30-2017, 12:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 924914

The limitation has to do with the number of LEDs. Hardware playback for LL proper just isn't in the cards.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:23 AM

POST ID # = 926075
Rome72 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
Hey guys,

As requested by folks here in the forum, I've provided a downgrade path for both the LNP and CLCP to force flash the older, hardware-playback capable firmware for both devices. This requires that you use CL4.9 since it introduced the ability to do this through software (rather than the pinhole method), you can then roll back to CL4.8 after you flash the older device firmware.

How-to thread has been posted and pinned:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171536

If I knew that this was the default route you were going to go with "default lighting on boot" I would have gone with another vendor. But now that I am beyond my return period "As this is a NEW FEATURE" and cant return the product. I will roll back the firmware and hopefully have the product I intended to buy. But as a software developer this is a piss poor excuse / bypass.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 926203

So you're aware, this is a temporary solution.

I totally understand why you're pissed. I was less than enthused when this change rolled out.

Hardware playback is going to return in an upcoming release, sometime before year end. It won't support LL fans, but it should support our other RGB products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome72 View Post
If I knew that this was the default route you were going to go with "default lighting on boot" I would have gone with another vendor. But now that I am beyond my return period "As this is a NEW FEATURE" and cant return the product. I will roll back the firmware and hopefully have the product I intended to buy. But as a software developer this is a piss poor excuse / bypass.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:54 AM

POST ID # = 928186
DeadLyte Reputation: 10
Quote:
So you're aware, this is a temporary solution.

I totally understand why you're pissed. I was less than enthused when this change rolled out.

Hardware playback is going to return in an upcoming release, sometime before year end. It won't support LL fans, but it should support our other RGB products.
Can I just say...I freaking LOVE the DEMO mode lighting effect...I wish you guys would implement that option in Corsair Link sooner rather than later. I'm even tempted to uninstall Link just so I can have the Demo mode lighting effect...I have 6 LL fans in my case and it's an RGB monster.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 928205

That mode is being added to the software.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:19 PM

POST ID # = 928248
Quote:
That mode is being added to the software.
Any chance of knowing a release date for that? A Link update rolled out on the 15th of this month so I'm curious. Thanks for the response btw.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:09 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928254
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLyte View Post
Can I just say...I freaking LOVE the DEMO mode lighting effect...I wish you guys would implement that option in Corsair Link sooner rather than later. I'm even tempted to uninstall Link just so I can have the Demo mode lighting effect...I have 6 LL fans in my case and it's an RGB monster.
If you simply exit Link from the task bar drop down, it should revert to the hardware specified rainbows on the 4.9.xx link versions. Then you can re-launch to gain control again.

As for the future fix, I think we are still a version or two away. Given its the holiday season, I would bet on January. For now, if you need or want the stored profile to stay up without Link, roll back to version 4.8.3. You only need 4.9 if you have new LL, ML-RGB, or one of the other just released RGB peripherals.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:12 PM

POST ID # = 928255
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
If you simply exit Link from the task bar drop down, it should revert to the hardware specified rainbows on the 4.9.xx link versions. Then you can re-launch to gain control again.

As for the future fix, I think we are still a version or two away. Given its the holiday season, I would bet on January. For now, if you need or want the stored profile to stay up without Link, roll back to version 4.8.3. You only need 4.9 if you have new LL, ML-RGB, or one of the other just released RGB peripherals.
Yeah I have 6 LL fans, and wouldn't mind uninstalling Link all together, but then I lose my fan control. Still kind of a newbie when it comes to software. Is there something else I could do so that my fans aren't blasting full tilt without the Link software?

Old 11-29-2017, 02:19 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928356
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Does that mean you are using a Commander Pro instead of a Lighting Node Pro? Apparently success in fan regulation without Link depends on the control variable. It works well for me with the temp probe value in control. Something like CPU temp would be impossible without Link up and running.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 928364

LL fans are always going to require Link running to control their lighting. They won't ever have software playback, they're too complex and the Commander PRO and Lighting Node PRO aren't capable of supporting them in hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLyte View Post
Yeah I have 6 LL fans, and wouldn't mind uninstalling Link all together, but then I lose my fan control. Still kind of a newbie when it comes to software. Is there something else I could do so that my fans aren't blasting full tilt without the Link software?