The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Aotw Aotw is offline
Registered User
Aotw's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 796893
Aotw Reputation: 10
Question Void Wireless mute Question?

Any with the new Void wireless headset that could tell me if you can mute it's microphone by moving "arm" with microphone so it pointing up or do you have to press the button on it's side, and unmute by moving it back to a down postion?
Want to be sure about how it works before i decide to give them a try or not, since some headset doesnt have this function. Couldnt find any information or manual to download to check, probbably since they are new.

Last edited by Aotw; 08-19-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 08-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Corsair Chris Corsair Chris is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 381
POST ID # = 796895
Corsair Chris Reputation: 10
Default

Void can be muted by either pressing the mute button on the left ear cup or through CUE. We chose to remove the mute-while-mic-boom-is-pointed-up featured since there were many that asked for a dedicated mute button.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Aotw Aotw is offline
Registered User
Aotw's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 796904
Aotw Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Chris View Post
Void can be muted by either pressing the mute button on the left ear cup or through CUE. We chose to remove the mute-while-mic-boom-is-pointed-up featured since there were many that asked for a dedicated mute button.
Sorry to hear, i hade big expectation to replace my current G930. I wouldnt mind booth options like my current, but not to be able to mute mic by pointed up is probbably a dealbreaker for me.
Having to booth pushing a button and moving the boom, that can happen 20+ times for me while using my headset for a day/night of use, feels bit to much i think, and could easily be forgotten to push mute button.

Last edited by Aotw; 08-19-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 08-25-2015, 11:16 PM
angusbeef angusbeef is offline
Registered User
angusbeef's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 802546
angusbeef Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Chris View Post
Void can be muted by either pressing the mute button on the left ear cup or through CUE. We chose to remove the mute-while-mic-boom-is-pointed-up featured since there were many that asked for a dedicated mute button.
having come from your h2100 wireless headset this was one of my largest let downs. Fumbling for a hard to find mute button is nowhere near as easy as smacking the boom up. Big time let down on this feature.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 08-29-2015, 06:05 AM
Effendi Effendi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 803504
Effendi Reputation: 10
Default

I'd also really love to have the "mute while mic is up" function implemented.
I really love the Void, but this would make it perfect im my opinion.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 11-16-2018, 01:12 PM
cars10 cars10 is offline
Registered User
cars10's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 45
POST ID # = 980768
cars10 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotw View Post
Sorry to hear, i hade big expectation to replace my current G930. I wouldnt mind booth options like my current, but not to be able to mute mic by pointed up is probbably a dealbreaker for me.
Having to booth pushing a button and moving the boom, that can happen 20+ times for me while using my headset for a day/night of use, feels bit to much i think, and could easily be forgotten to push mute button.

absolutely. dealbreaker for sure. what a shame
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Corsair Mint Corsair Mint is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 782
POST ID # = 981251
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31
Default

The Void Wireless' successor, the Void Pro Wireless, has this feature for microphone arm up to mute.
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:02 PM
cars10 cars10 is offline
Registered User
cars10's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 45
POST ID # = 988848
cars10 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
The Void Wireless' successor, the Void Pro Wireless, has this feature for microphone arm up to mute.
but not the cabled version! wtf? wasn't expecting that. had to send it back

=(
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.