Corsair Community

800d front io

andyvee

Can someone from Corsair let me know if my case has been logged , i have no case number as all it said was thanks for logging a call etc , but no case number was given .

If it helps to find it i logged a case about the 800d as i have a front io panel with a couple of issues .

Thanks .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
Check your email address you used it will email you a conformation once the case is created. If you do not have that email then just create a new case and make sure you enter a valid email.

Hi , the case number is 1429050 , there was 2 issues with the io panel , firstly the front mic jack is faulty and does'nt work at all and also there is electrical noise that can be heard when using headphones through the front io and i would presume would be heard through the mic if the socket was working . I'm led to believe there is a new front io panel revision with a more shielded io cable in the works but not 100% sure .

Also while your here it appears that i have an issue with an HX1000 PSU bought at the same time ( the board wont power up unless i wiggle the main atx cable at the board end , i have tried on a friends rig and it is the PSU ) , i have had this for about a month , do you do advance replacement RMA's or would i need to send the old one back first as it would leave me without a running machine ? ( i have'nt raised the RMA yet as i have only just had this issue a little while ago ) .

Not doing well so far with my switch to Corsair , bought case/psu/H50 and Dominator memory and 2 items faulty already :(:

• Corsair Employee
I see when you first entered the case you did not include your address and now that you had replied and you case is being processed, there is nothing more I can do. Please use the TSX to communicate with our customer service if you have questions or call them from the contacts link on our web site.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ramguy , please pass on my thanks to the RMA team , new io panel arrived today ( delayed a little because of the flight confusion over here with the Icelandic volcano ) but all fitted now and mic socket is now up and running :biggrin: .

Hi again Ramguy , thought i would check with you first as i appear to still have issues with this new panel after using my machine over the weekend .

Firstly the mic connection is still a bit hit and miss , sometimes it connects but mostly it continually connects / disconnects , this is with 2 sets of headphone , both of which work fine in the rear mic port , there seems to be some flex to these boards , i'm not sure if that could be the culprit ? .

Secondly , i have electrical static type noises through both the mic and headphone sockets on the front panel , again no issues when using the back connectors , this seems like a lack of shielding of the audio cable or possibly they are using the same ground as the usb's etc ? .

Should i RMA again , is there a modified panel in the works , could someone at Corsair plug in a mic/headphones to the front and see if they get any noise or connection issues , not sure what to do next .

For ref , my board is a gigabyte x58a/ud7 , psu is hx1000

To answer and to expand a little :-

using onboard sound ( realtek ) with latest drivers

noise is not there in safe mode but no drivers are loaded so no sound anyway .

I have noticed that the noise is at a constant level no matter where the volume is set and also it seems to mostly track HDD activity , ie when the drive is active there is more noise .

As before this just seems to be poor shielding on the audio cable , something i could live with on a £40 case but not on a £220 case ( whats that in dollars ;-) ) .

• Corsair Employee
If possible I would see if you can duplicate the problems in a different system. You should be able to remove the panel and plug the mic/audio jacks into a different board to see if the problem stays with the IO panel or the system. Since we already tried replacing the IO panel, lets see what we can do to make sure there is not something else in the system that is contributing to this.

Ok , yes i can do that , a friend got the same board as me in a HAF932 ( different PSU though ) so i can try this over the weekend with him , also just to update , the mic connection has got much worse and hardly ever connects now , just constant connect / disconnect messages when connecting the jack , got round it for now with some speakers with mic connection that connects to rear ports but would like to get this fixed .

• Corsair Employee
No one has reported that problem before and we have never seen a problem with the front I/O and you have had two of them having problem it just seems as though the problem may not be the I/O. But doing that will help to isolate the problem. So yes please let us know.

If you check one of my other threads in the cases section there is another user called " Kounty " who has the same noise problem as me , the only thing we have in common is the 800d , he has had a new panel shipped as well but no update yet as to whether it has fixed the issue .

Ok , just to update , i got busy over the weekend but finally tried this last night .

Plugged the corsair cable to friends haf932 and still get noise through the headphone socket , unable to test mic as it constantly connects/disconnects with anything plugged into it .

With his cable all is ok , no noises or connection issues , i did'nt try putting his cable into the 800d as it is all clipped up and tidied in his case and did'nt want to disturb it .

Conclusion is that mic socket is faulty again on this new cable and that shielding is inferior to cable supplied with the haf932 at least , is it possible that you could test a machine there Ramguy and plug a set of phones into the front connection , there must be some there surely ? . I presume i will need to do a new RMA for the mic socket issue but if all the cables have noise then i would presume there would be a modded cable coming shortly as a*tec did with their problem with the 1200 ? .

Thanks again for the help so far .

• Corsair Employee
Our customer service should have contacted or will contact you shortly we will send you another I/O and we would like you to send the front I/O panels you have to us here so we can see if they are just failing or if there is some other issue.

Ok thanks for the headsup , i will wait to hear from them as nothing in my inbox at the present time .

When you get the old cables back can you let me know the results of your testing , the mic sockets seem fragile as the " new " cable i had with the first RMA worked fine for the first few insertions but soon failed ( i plug in a headset 2-5 times a week on average ) , if i remove the board from the front of the machine and keep pressure on the back of it while inserting the mic jack it will work so it seems as if the board may be flexing when bolted to the case as there is no support behind it .

On the noise problem i took a meter to the board and it seems like the audio and the USB's appear to share the same ground connection so possibly a small board mod to break that could get rid of the noise issue but loathe to start experimenting with it as i use the USB's .

I have the same problem with my front audio jack making a high pitch wine. What do I do to fix it. Can I get a new front I/O plate. Is it the wire? I tried re-routing it though my case, but the sound is still there. I think I've tried everything I can do. Any Ideas or can I RMA mine like the other person did?

Thanks for your help in this matter. I've built this brand new rig using mainly all Corsair components. I love Corsair products! This is the only issue I've Ran into...

Matt

• Corsair Employee

Matt

I would wait till we have a chance to check the I/O panels we get back from andyvee, we have not seen that problem but we want to try and identify the problem before we start shipping parts, please.

Archived