Corsair Community

Will the Obsidian 1000D/Concept Slate ever be released ?

sha33

Hi everyone !

No sign from Corsair for this case since CES 2017.. Nothing at CES 2018, no ETA, and it is only listed from amazon and some other shops as "not available"

I know corsair gives no ETA, but can we expect to see this case anytime, or do we just wait for nothing?:!:

Probably at the same time as the 500D Special Edition... Both were billed as concept cases without necessarily any intent to manufacture. It is certainly OK to ask and perhaps if enough people express interest, they might consider a production run, but don't expect updates with those kids of internal discussions. I certainly would like to see both.

• Corsair Employee
I know that there's a good amount of people wondering about the concept slate that we showed off during Computex last year. We're really happy to see that it picked up a lot of traction. Unfortunately, we cannot really comment on unannounced products.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news for today, i just got 2 email from my online shops, and Corsair cancelled the 1000D officially.

Here are the mails i got :

----------------------------

Bonjour,

J’ai m’informe chez notre fournisseur, entre-temps la marque même a donné le statut END OF LIFE a ce produit a cause de peu d’intérêt.

K******* D******

Account manager

Adres/Adresse: Wingepark 5B bus001 / 3110 Rotselaar

Centralpoint.be

-----------------------------

=> That means : I got in toutch with my supplier, Corsair has given this production the "END OF LIFE" status because of a low interest.

Second mail:

Bonjour ********,

Vous avez indiqué que vous souhaitez recevoir un rappel de stock pour le produit suivant:

Obsidian Series 1000D Super Tower Case (CC-9011115-WW)

Malheureusement ce produit n'est plus disponible et il est prévu qu'il ne vient plus en stock. Nous nous excusons pour la gène occasionnée.

=> That means: Hello Mister ***. You asked to receive an Email when the following product is avaible. Unfortunalety, this production is no longer avaible and it is planned not to be avaible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So there we go, since Corsair don't answer, you have the fresh news here. Don't wait anymore on this model, you will have to find something else...

So there we go, since Corsair don't answer, you have the fresh news here. Don't wait anymore on this model, you will have to find something else...

Never Say Never I say..

Until Corsair announce other wise we just don't know dude.,, for all you know, they are gauging interest by whats said on forums and social media.. if you go and kill interest by posting things like this then it may never make it to production.

I certainly wouldn't be listening to a shop that shouldn't have had it on their website in the first place ;) ;). not exactly been honest so far have they.. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I so hope this case will be release for around £400 id buy it, I've had to modify the current case i have but adding extended materials made from home to fit everything in. The RGB aspect i like as you can either have it on or off, brings something a little special to the case. not only is the world of computers part in some aspects getting bigger and the cases are still quite small thins would bring a whole new era to cases and builds giving the gamers a new turn on what they can do.

It seems there's issues with the yield from the bent tempered glass panels. It's why the current 500D doesn't have one, and why the 1000D and the 500D SE aren't out yet. That would be my guess, considering other manufacturers have expressed horrible yields from bent TG panels before. I think Corsair doesn't deem the yields viable enough yet to release the cases.

just carnt understand why they wouldn't put this out as they have to tool up for this case and tooling up to make this case is not cheap I think corsair is holding it back to see what response they get but personally why pay the cost to tool up to make theses cases and not release it daft to me

just carnt understand why they wouldn't put this out as they have to tool up for this case and tooling up to make this case is not cheap I think corsair is holding it back to see what response they get but personally why pay the cost to tool up to make theses cases and not release it daft to me

Corsair is not tooling up, they get other companies to do the different parts of the cases. Their are not gonna buy the special machines to curve glass.

Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D Case Set to Launch for $499 amazon us as this on there site also linus as just put a video up this should be out but don't know when if amazon hasn't taken it down and the price is 499 99 in the usa means in the uk its going to be roughly 354 quid ish

Corsair is not tooling up, they get other companies to do the different parts of the cases. Their are not gonna buy the special machines to curve glass.

I know other companys tool up but it cost the companys money to do this and there not going to tool up just for two pre made cases if corsair are not going to release it its obvious there are but its up to them to release it when they are ready

Archived