Corsair Community

Install: GTX 970 Golden, Kraken G10, and a H110

Jhelms55

I am in the process of putting a build together. The question I have for the everyone here is that I have attached a Corsair H110 to my new MSI GTX 970 Golden edition. I am hoping that there is a way to attach the H110 pump connector directly to the fan controls on the video card its self.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about this?

Also I am using the Corsair Air 540 case with a 3.5 i5 processer. I have a H100i hooked up to the top of the case cooling the processer, and the H110 hooked up to the front of the case cooling the GPU. Anyone have some suggestions on what directions to face the fans to get the best results?

• Corsair Employee
I don't know that it can be done, I think you'd have to pick up a special adaptor. Realistically, though, you should actually be fine just running the H110 fans at a low fixed speed. The 970 is a low TDP part and the H110 is capable of dissipating a tremendous amount of heat. I'm willing to bet that even if you set the fans to their lowest speed, that 970 still won't break 60C.

I don't know that it can be done, I think you'd have to pick up a special adaptor. Realistically, though, you should actually be fine just running the H110 fans at a low fixed speed. The 970 is a low TDP part and the H110 is capable of dissipating a tremendous amount of heat. I'm willing to bet that even if you set the fans to their lowest speed, that 970 still won't break 60C.

Great!

I will not concern myself with it, and maybe I will share any experimentation success I have.

Do you have any suggestions for which direction to have the fans blowing? I have the Air 540 case, stock fan on the back, the H100i on the top, and the H110 on the front.

I also had one other question.

The H100i has ports for 4 fans. I currently have all 4 radiator fans ran through the H100i. If I pick up a couple of splitters, could I then also run the H110 pump and the fan off the Kraken G10 through the H100i?

Would this be better or just muddy things up?

Well I have the ASRock Z97 Extreme 6, which has a 4 pin and 3 pin cpu fan hook up. I guess I could run all 4 of the fans from radiators through the H100i, which is connected to the 4 pin cpu fan hook on the mother board. Then use a splitter to hook the H110 pump and the Kraken G10 fan to the 3 pin cpu fan hook up on the mother board.

This might be there better option.

I am still looking for suggestions on air direction. I was thinking about trying a static pleasure build where every fan I got is blowing in to the system and then the air is just exhausted through open areas in the front and back of the Air 540 case.

Ahhhh Physics, that squirrelly bi@#$ does get all upset when you try and defy her.

I might try some experimentation later, but for now I will take your suggestion. I am more interested in getting everything working well so that I can get in some much needed game time.

Thank you both for your responses, it is greatly appreciated.

Below is some quoted stuff from Yellowbeard and my PMs, just so if anyone else needs the info they have it.

On the H110 hooked to the 970 you said 2amp max per port. does that mean the H100i head has a max amp of 4 or 8 amps?

2 amps per port. 8 amps total but that doesn't mean you can run over 2 amps on any single fan port.

Understood, thank you for the clarification. I added a comment for another solution to my thread if you are interested. Basically using my second cpu fan port to run the H110 pump, and the kraken fan. Then keeping the 4 radiator fans hooked up to the H100i.

Make sure that 2nd CPU fan port is set to run at 100% and not being thermally controlled in the BIOS. You don't want your pump slowing down.

For anyone else wondering I called MSI and asked about an adaptor, and there is not one.

Archived