Corsair Community

Comments for Force Firmware 2.0 update

Wired

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yay! Finally.....although I myself stopped having bsod problems after intel rst 10 series many people have been waiting way too long for this. I am downloading now. I will update when i get home and flash. On a side note.... is there a change log to find out if firmware update fixes other quirks with the drive?

If the first one crashes/BSOD, etc.

Cool thanks for that.

We cannot post the change log yet but not everything was fixed with this update. Health status is minimal concern at this point Getting a BSOD was bigger issue.

Just an observation that's all.

Awesome !, I hope this fixes the issue with the latest Intel ICH10R RAID ROM randomly Failing the RAID0 array.

Latest RAID ROM was added to a third BETA BIOS for my board F11d last week

I might just stick with F11c to be safe since that worked fine

Thank you very much!!!

I could not wait, even though it's getting late and I wanted to backup the drive first. But now it's done and for your information I had to select the Corsair_Force_SSD_FW_Update_2.0_Alternate.pkg file as the other one complained about my drive not being supported. Anyways it took just a couple of seconds and a reboot plus a another reboot because windows saw it as new hardware. All went well, now it only remains to be seen if it helped.

Tomorrow I'll deal with the F240 one at work, and it actually has a ICH10 controller, so I might put it in another machine just for the upgrade so I don't have to mess with the drivers.

Here is a new crystal screenshot just after the upgrade:

http://www.myimgs.net/images/qgdc.jpg

/Mega

It's finally out! :O

i will update my F60 tomorrow immediately!

I think i can't sleep tonight.

I'm so worried that there will be an BSOD again :(

Ohh can you tell me, Yellow-beard if there is any performance improvement in this firmware?

I wouldn't expect any based on what SF has given us. But, I have been focused on getting this update tested and posted, not on performance testing.

The "IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR UPDATE" up above says the tool automatically reboots your computer after the update.

Is there any way to avoid that? say I got a few dozen of these drives, I'd rather be able to hotplug them in via a dock, apply the update, then repeat for another drive without endless reboots.

The "IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR UPDATE" up above says the tool automatically reboots your computer after the update.

Is there any way to avoid that? say I got a few dozen of these drives, I'd rather be able to hotplug them in via a dock, apply the update, then repeat for another drive without endless reboots.

Not that I know of, no. There is no option for this in the tool. You also may not be able to update via a dock if it is USB. I did not fully test it over USB but the tool would not find the drive via a USB adapter I used.

I used UBCD4WIN for this update (which I should mention uses winXP as well). I know it's not recommended but I had nothing to lose anyway. The OS is installed to my Force drive so I couldn't update it from the drive itself.

When I did the update, the system did not reboot automatically. I suppose you could use that to update your drives.

From what I can tell the update went really well. I loaded up CrystalDisk Info right after to ensure that 2.0 firmware was being detected.

Yellowbeard - the Lenovo is my personal computer and I'm happy to say it updated just fine. But I figured i'd ask just in case there was some hidden command line option for the rest of the drives we've got sitting at the office. I'm using an eSATA dock so I dont anticipate any difficulties otherwise. *fingers crossed*

Synbios - Thanks for the tip on UBCD4WIN, didn't even think about that; I will have to try that on another workstation.

Wow, you soooo do not know how close I was to replacing this drive today.

I actually called my local PC parts dealer and the only thing that stopped me was the drive I wanted was out of stock.

Was going to give it to the weekend then replace it if it was not fixed.

Upgrade is applied.

Had some weirdness though.

In the update tool it reached 850 and then seemingly hung. Stayed there for about 5 mins, then the system crashed.

Upon rebooting I got the dreaded Boot drive not found.

When the system came back up I ran the CrystalDisk and it shows it is up to 2.0 thankfully.

Temp is still wacky (59 degrees) but it seems ok.

Trim and sleep have been reenabled, lets see if it is still up tomorrow morning.

We cannot post the change log yet but not everything was fixed with this update. Health status is minimal concern at this point Getting a BSOD was bigger issue.

Mr. Ram Guy:

Is update 2.0 necessary/recommended? That is, I have 1.0 and I have not experience any abnormalities.

Windows 7. 1-F60 2- WD HDD all connected Intel Raid

RAID ( update tool can't see F60)

I disabled RAID and setup AHCI

F60 found, but update failed ( in AHCI mode with Microsoft drivers).

Question about Alternate.pkg

I don't want erase drive with OS, can I do update if I connect drive to another PC or boot from CD ?

Thanks.

Firmware update bluescreened on me. I rebooted. System Information for Windows tool reports that my F60 firmware is, in fact, 2.0 now...but I m wondering if I should try the alternative pkg and update again.

Any suggestions?

Archived