Corsair Community

Corsair Pro Commander USB outlets

orion_jb2001

Hi,

In the "limited" instructions, it says you can plug other Link Hardware into these USB outlets on the commander. I don't have any Link light bits etc but could I plug the USB lead off the H80i V2 cooling system into this USB outlet?? What about other USB2 devices etc, can they be connected to the USB outlet of the commander??? I don't want to fry the commander with something that shouldn't be connected to those USB outlets.

Jeff

Hi,

In the "limited" instructions, it says you can plug other Link Hardware into these USB outlets on the commander. I don't have any Link light bits etc but could I plug the USB lead off the H80i V2 cooling system into this USB outlet?? What about other USB2 devices etc, can they be connected to the USB outlet of the commander??? I don't want to fry the commander with something that shouldn't be connected to those USB outlets.

Jeff

Yes, you can ... and the H80i V2 is a Link device.

Those USB ports are standard USB 2.0 headers.

I couldn't get my h80iV2 to connect to the header on the commander pro. It seems like the commander pro has a longer usb header? wasn't sure how to plug it in. Everytime i tried i wouldn't see the h80 in corsair link.

That could be a number of issues. Personally, I have my H115i PRO and my Lighting Node Pro in my Commander Pro. Previously, I had my H100i V2 connected there.

It may be better to start a new thread where we can see if we can determine the issue with your CoPro/H80 issue. It may be as simple as disabling/enabling the device (listed as Corsair USBXp Driver) in Device Manager.

Another question. Are these fan headers right to handle 2 fans on one header??

On the Commander Pro, right?

If so, then yes. It's not "officially supported" but it works fine. Keep in mind, however, the amperage of the fans. You have a limit of 1A per port and 4.5A overall.

Yes I thought about the amperage of the fans etc, after the post. Noctua S12 PWM's 0.12 amp per unit. Well under 4.5 amps all up if you put 12 fans into the system. Only planning to have to use one doubled up, then will be able to have all on the commander. :biggrin:

Archived