Corsair Community

Exit Corsair Link - Keep Settings

WarlordMikele

Hello there,

I am using 1 x LL120 + 1 x LL140 RGB fans with Lighting Node Pro and Corsair Link. I have set a custom static color for both fans to match the other RGB leds in my case. I would like to know if it is possible to exit Corsair Link program but keep the colors on the fans. Currently, whenever I exit Corsair Link the fans go in Demo Mode (rotating rainbow color).

Thank you very much!

On the LL fans, unfortunately, it is not. Due to a limitation in the hardware, the LL fans run in software mode only.

The other fans (ML, HD, SP) as well as the strips will run in hardware mode.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is this something that can be changed with a firmware update on Lighting Node Pro or a software update on Corsair Link, or is it something I have to live with?

I am asking because Corsair Link creates problems for me and other users, as seen in the Asus Rog forums, with ROG Strix X370-F & B350-F motherboards, where running more than one monitoring software (Corsair Link+HWinfo/AI Suite/CPU-Z etc.) creates issues with the mobos sensors causing black screens with the only method to turn off the pc being by PSU power switch.

Or at least is there any way for Corsair Link to stop monitoring all hardware & ONLY have Lighting Node Pro controling the Fan colors?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is this something that can be changed with a firmware update on Lighting Node Pro or a software update on Corsair Link, or is it something I have to live with?

I am asking because Corsair Link creates problems for me and other users, as seen in the Asus Rog forums, with ROG Strix X370-F & B350-F motherboards, where running more than one monitoring software (Corsair Link+HWinfo/AI Suite/CPU-Z etc.) creates issues with the mobos sensors causing black screens with the only method to turn off the pc being by PSU power switch.

Or at least is there any way for Corsair Link to stop monitoring all hardware & ONLY have Lighting Node Pro controling the Fan colors?

The most likely solution would be to disable hardware monitoring in Link. I know that's been mentioned by the Corsair team but I don't know the status of it. Software control of the LL fans is, from what I understand, a limitation of the Lighting Node Pro hardware.

There are known issues with some other monitoring tools. With HWInfo, you can tell HWInfo not to monitor the Corsair Link sensors (Commander Pro, coolers) and run them at the same time if you 1) Close Link, 2) Start HWInfo (with Link sensors disabled) and then 3) Start HWInfo. It's icky and a royal pain but it does actually, then, work.

AISuite seems to have a problem with any other monitoring software running. I've uninstalled it, personally, because it continuously crashed - even without Link. Unfortunately, getting all of the traces of it off my system is nigh impossible without a clean wipe, even using their cleaner tool.

The most likely solution would be to disable hardware monitoring in Link. I know that's been mentioned by the Corsair team but I don't know the status of it. Software control of the LL fans is, from what I understand, a limitation of the Lighting Node Pro hardware.

There are known issues with some other monitoring tools. With HWInfo, you can tell HWInfo not to monitor the Corsair Link sensors (Commander Pro, coolers) and run them at the same time if you 1) Close Link, 2) Start HWInfo (with Link sensors disabled) and then 3) Start HWInfo. It's icky and a royal pain but it does actually, then, work.

AISuite seems to have a problem with any other monitoring software running. I've uninstalled it, personally, because it continuously crashed - even without Link. Unfortunately, getting all of the traces of it off my system is nigh impossible without a clean wipe, even using their cleaner tool.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I will try them tonight and let you know!

Only one thing, can you please point to me a link where the process to disable Hardware monitoring on CL is described?

Unless (and that would be the best solution) there is a way to control the LL fans color with another software (maybe Asus Aura), so that I can completeley uninstall CL.

Archived