Corsair Community

How do I get aggregate power consumption data?

ilmiont

Hey all,

Just recently got an RM850i and am enjoying monitoring power consumption in Link. Trouble is, what I really want to see is my total power consumption in a time period, so I know how much my PC is costing me to run. Since Link has always-on monitoring/logging anyway, seems like daily/weekly/monthly/etc. power usage should be a logical inclusion.

I can't find this option in Link. I notice I can log to files, but since this also just dumps the immediate power usage, it's not much help on its own. I'm trying to work out how I can wrangle these data points into something that gives me a way of calculating weekly/monthly use, but can't get my head around it. Must be possible, I just need to think HOW.

So two questions...

1) Any way to get Link to show me e.g. "Power consumption this month"

2) If NO, how do I utilise the logged values (say at a 1min interval) to get what I want?

Ilmiont

Hey all,

So two questions...

1) Any way to get Link to show me e.g. "Power consumption this month"

2) If NO, how do I utilise the logged values (say at a 1min interval) to get what I want?

Ilmiont

1. Sadly you can't..

2. You could write a small batch / exe file to load in all the values, do the math and save results in another file. And have it run, every hour, daily or whatever you'd like.

It's doable but requires decent amount of effort.. Wish corsair would implement this necessary / missing feature :(

Archived