Corsair Community

Questions on fitment 460X & Kraken X62

tezzofino

Hello everybody,

I would be super happy if somebody could help me with this,

I so very much want to purchase and build a new gaming pc the one I have right now is old from 2010, but cant click purchase button before im 100% sure..

My problem is regarding Corsair Crystal 460X, NZXT Kraken X62 and Asus 1080Ti STRIX.

I absolutely love the looks of the 460X and want this case so much and mount Kraken X62 in front, but after seeing some photos now im not sure if the Radiator + Fans will fit next to a Asus 1080Ti STRIX.

The radiator is 30 mm in depth + fans 26 mm, 5.6 cm.

The Asus STRIX 1080Ti is 29.8 cm in length.

So now you see my problem, I need help if somebody here knows, have the same parts or somebody working at Corsair can give me an answer if everything will fit or not..

I so very much want this case and cooler & the fans have higher CFM than X52, and X52 is also just the same dimensions in depth just shorter.

If I go for the X52 I will ofc mount it in the top but then as I also plan an additional 3xSP120 fans for better airflow, then probably they wont fit then! cuz most likely they will hit the RAM or something else.

The RAM will be getting btw is G.Skill Trident Z for your information.

However if everything wont fit I could go for a 1080Ti Sea Hawk which is shorter in length, 26.9 cm.

It would mean a lot to me if somebody helped me out with this.

I honestly imagined in my head the 460X being bigger but now I realize its kind of compact and I also like that but of course everything needs to fit or I will be sad lol.

Thanks so very much in advance.

Note on the product page it states Maximum GPU Length: 370mm. Doing the math, you have a little room to spare. However, note that if you go with the X62 or any other 280mm radiator, you can only front mount and will have to give up the 3x120mm RGB fans across the front. While this is functional, you might want to take a moment to consider how this will look and if another non-radiator restricted fan below has any value to you. In theory, it would be possible to mount the 280mm behind the 3x120, with a set of working 2x140 doing the real work on the radiator. But you will not have room for that and it would not be my first choice as a solution.

You didn't mention the processor you are going for, but chances are it is Kaby or Ryzen. A 240mm cooler is going to be just as effective and airflow across the radiator will not be the limiting factor in your CPU cooling. This would also you more natural fitment in front or possible in the top as second option, memory module height dependent.

Another option would be to look at the 570X which is just that little bit bigger to accommodate large hardware.

Hello and thanks for answer.

I think like after one hour of googling found out what I was looking for.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCpbt6

187381.e512dd5cf0ca72408b8ea6a9bd020818.1600.jpg

I am also so sorry I very specificly didnt state that I wanted also the Kraken radiator fans included mounted, so the radiator will be cooled in a sandwich style.

We see here that X52 actually is the max you can go if you want also the radiator fans included mounted, as with X62 it will be longer and its two fans included will hit PSU cover.

But now it doesent matter going with X52 because it will get the cooling that I so very much wanted anyway.

He has a 1080 Founders Edition which is 26.7 cm long,

So my solution will be unfortunately not ASUS 1080Ti STRIX but MSI 1080Ti Sea Hawk X as it is 26.9 cm and can then fit perfectly fine.

I dont want to gamble off a photo if the remaining space there and length of the 1080Ti STRIX 29.8cm can fit.

Another guy that actually has the same case and cooler but Aorus 1080Ti card which is 29.3 cm said that he really wanted the radiator fans included mounted but there was just 2-3 mm not enough space so he couldnt do it.

I can now finally proceed with my purchase but my intention on this project was to have a very cool and clean, professional looking RGB build featuring lightning options on the most "performing" parts.

The parts I will be getting then will be:

Corsair Crystal 460X

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz 32 GB

i7 7700k

NZXT Kraken X52

MSI 1080Ti Sea hawk X

Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2

Crucial MX300 1TB 2.5" SSD

Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Norwegian, Full, Flash USB

Corsair SP120 3-pack w/controller

Corsair Premium Pro Package cables Kit