Corsair Community

Corsair 500R Extra Fans

ftahir192

Hey.

I'm looking to build my own system in the next few weeks, and my mind is set on using the corsair 500R case however I have a few questions.

I'm just going to be using the stock fans for now (side 200mm, front 2x120mm, rear 120mm(?), with a hyper 212 evo cooler (unless someone can recommend something else for a good price) - not looking for water cooling atm)

However - I want to add 2 fans to the top, but I'm not sure which ones to pick out so I'm hoping someone could suggest something. I'm probably gonna overclock an i5 4670k from 3.4ghz to around 4ghz at some point, but I have no intentions on overclocking my 770 gtx. Would some case fans and a

If I were to add LED fans to the top, would I be able to extend the LED switch on the case to control these fans, or do they only control the stock fans? What about the fan controller?

Hope someone can help. Thanks

EDIT: Should I even consider using the stock fans or should I replace them? I'd like to continue using the LED switch as sometimes I leave my pc on overnight and yeah....white light is anoying when I'm trying to sleep.

If I were to add LED fans to the top, would I be able to extend the LED switch on the case to control these fans, or do they only control the stock fans? What about the fan controller?

The front panel controller uses proprietary fan connectors that will work only with the stock front and side fans (the rear 120mm fan is a regular fan).

Archived