Corsair Community

Where are all of the good full towers?

dcx4610

I'm a little disappointed that everyone seems to be forsaking the full tower/super tower these days.

I get that most people just go mid-tower and have it sitting on the desk next to them to show it off but personally, I love a big full tower case sitting under my desk like a piece of furniture.

Better air flow, easier to work with, etc.

I like the Obsidian Series 1000D but at $499, it's a bit out of my price range and feels more for modders. After that, all of the models and designs are several years old.

Does Corsair have any plans to make full tower versions of some of the cool new mid-towers like Obsidian Series 500D, Crystal Series or Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA RGB?

I'd especially love a full tower SPEC-OMEGA with 200mm fans.

Anything planned?

I'm a little disappointed that everyone seems to be forsaking the full tower/super tower these days.

I get that most people just go mid-tower and have it sitting on the desk next to them to show it off but personally, I love a big full tower case sitting under my desk like a piece of furniture.

Better air flow, easier to work with, etc.

I like the Obsidian Series 1000D but at $499, it's a bit out of my price range and feels more for modders. After that, all of the models and designs are several years old.

Does Corsair have any plans to make full tower versions of some of the cool new mid-towers like Obsidian Series 500D, Crystal Series or Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA RGB?

I'd especially love a full tower SPEC-OMEGA with 200mm fans.

Anything planned?

Corsair never talks about anything, until it is officially announced. They tend to release a lot of items at CES (January) and Computex (June). Granted they do release other things throughout the year. Based off competition, limitations of the 5XX series, age of the current full size towers, and the release of the 1000D I am betting they will be releasing something in between the 500D and the 1000D in the near future. It is true that mid towers are more popular than full size towers, though there is still a market for a larger mid-size that can accept dual 360mm radiators as well as standard full size tower that is refreshed to modern trends and technologies. i.e. 1 or no 5.25" bays, the inclusion of USB 3.1 Type-C connector, and tempered glass.

But even in the new 1000D it is missing for me:

- 6 drives bay, it has only 5 3.5", you cannot get those 12TB drive on 2.5"

- 1 5.25" I need 1 for BD reader/writer

It is hard to meet everyone's mark. Most cases are going away from the -5.25" as most people don't use it. You also can always get a slim USB BD reader/writer

-5x3.5" is also a lot of drives. Even in the server world we are using less and less local drives, relying more on SAN. I am guessing you are ripping Blue Rays or something. This will go out of style as most media can be obtained via streaming services like youtube, amazon, and netflix.

Archived