Corsair Community

C70 HDD cage screw holes are extra small

bosstonez

So I've had this case a few years, and I'm wanting to put a fan on the one HDD cage I'm using, but the holes are... tiny. The standard screws for mounting fans won't fit.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. Am I using the wrong screws? Is this a QA issue? Do I need to buy a new cage? I see for sale direct from Corsair for about $10 CAD.

• Corsair Employee
So I've had this case a few years, and I'm wanting to put a fan on the one HDD cage I'm using, but the holes are... tiny. The standard screws for mounting fans won't fit.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. Am I using the wrong screws? Is this a QA issue? Do I need to buy a new cage? I see for sale direct from Corsair for about $10 CAD.

Are you using the long fan screws that were included with the C70 from the accessory kit?

Are you using the long fan screws that were included with the C70 from the accessory kit?

I don't think I was. It's been a few years since I bought it, and originally set it up. Today I found a bag of mixed screws that came with all sorts of hardware, and found those longer 25mm'ish ones, and yeah that was the solution. All the other fans I've added since I got the case used those short stubby ones, so I was expecting those to work.

• Corsair Employee
I don't think I was. It's been a few years since I bought it, and originally set it up. Today I found a bag of mixed screws that came with all sorts of hardware, and found those longer 25mm'ish ones, and yeah that was the solution. All the other fans I've added since I got the case used those short stubby ones, so I was expecting those to work.

Good to hear man.

Archived