Corsair Community

Headset Audio issues with PC?

machao15

Has anyone had headset microphone audio issues?

This is my first time using a headset with this PC, so it just might be the headset (Hyperx Cloud Alpha), but I tried it using a laptop and it worked completely fine.

The microphone works, but the audio doesn't get picked up consistently (it's very inconsistent), the quality is also pretty bad.

I've used a number of apps to test and everyone says the same thing - audio is inconsistent, quiet and bad quality.

My thoughts:

IT's not a headset issue because it works fine with another laptop but rather something I'm doing wrong with my desktop. Any ideas?

• Corsair Employee
Has anyone had headset microphone audio issues?

This is my first time using a headset with this PC, so it just might be the headset (HyperX Cloud Alpha), but I tried it using a laptop and it worked completely fine.

The microphone works, but the audio doesn't get picked up consistently (it's very inconsistent), the quality is also pretty bad.

I've used a number of apps to test and everyone says the same thing - audio is inconsistent, quiet and bad quality.

My thoughts:

IT's not a headset issue because it works fine with another laptop but rather something I'm doing wrong with my desktop. Any ideas?

Is this an analog or USB headset? If it’s analog, it’s possible that you might be plugging it into the wrong port on the back of the CORSAIR ONE. You can work around this by using a USB sound card if you continue to run into issues.

Archived