The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2018, 07:38 AM
doogee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977322
doogee Reputation: 10

I'm getting almost 10% CPU usage. Is this normal?
Old 10-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977393
Mapantz Reputation: 10

I uninstalled iCue using Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled it, and now I see my H115 Pro. The problem now is, I cannot add any hard drives to the dashboard, even with 'Enable Hard Drive Widget' enabled.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:08 PM
madmecca1975's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977397
madmecca1975 Reputation: 10

Updated tonight and the update removed my Nvidia driver and my oculus vr llc had to roll back and now the old version icue won’t open
Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Nakatomi_Uk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977400
Nakatomi_Uk Reputation: 10

Does this version finally have the fix to actually stop Icue to load at start up and actually stop shutting it self down during gaming, because I have a pair of Corsair VOID 7.1 Wireless RGB gaming headphones I'm still using the 2.24.50 version of the old Corsair Utility Engine. I did upgrade to ICue but again it kept crashing after 15mins of using it and it would never load up at start up EVER even if there is a start up entry
Old 10-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Toxic Waste's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977513
Toxic Waste Reputation: 10

Any feedback on the 'default rainbow' mode whenever you lock your PC or put it in standby? (My ram and ST100 still does this..)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:08 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977530
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waste View Post
Any feedback on the 'default rainbow' mode whenever you lock your PC or put it in standby? (My ram and ST100 still does this..)
Nope. Still all rainbows.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Ich spreche kein Englisch
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977628
LeSnakk Reputation: 12

Quote:
Any feedback on the 'default rainbow' mode whenever you lock your PC or put it in standby?
How I already said here in the forum in another thread, I guess we might see this bugfix/feature request within the next two months; some time around Christmas.

Why?
I'm very sure Corsair knows that this annoys many people. But obviously it's hard for the devs to fix the issue becuase writing HW profiles seems to be harder within the iCUE structure than it was with LINK. So it will be a "big thing" for them to release.
If you now take a look at the previous iCUE releases: Each month, mostly in the middle of the month, a new version of iCUE gets released and it's always version 3.n+1.x (n stands for the previous version number). If this rhythm continues, we will see iCUE 4.0.x (theoretically iCUE 3.10.x) some time between december 10th and december 30th.
The jump from CUE 2.x.x to iCUE 3.x.x was huge. So the way from iCUE 3.x.x to iCUE 4.x.x will most likely become a far step ahead as well (maybe not as big as from 2.x.x to 3.x.x but still somehow a relatively big step).
With that in mind I'd say that there have to be some big improvements as iCUE 3.x.x isn't as perfect as Corsair may have hoped (some speculation here). And with "big improvements" I mean "big things" and how I already said in the beginning, this rainbow-ish issue is a "big thing" for the users and obviously a big (hard) thing to do for the devs. A big thing that needs to be fixed so I am very sure it will come with iCUE 4.0.x.

- This comment will be deleted if 1st iCUE 4.0.x won't be released how I predicted and/or 2nd iCUE 4.0.x still has the rainbow issue :D -
Old 10-23-2018, 03:31 PM
Toxic Waste's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977694
Toxic Waste Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSnakk View Post
How I already said here in the forum in another thread, I guess we might see this bugfix/feature request within the next two months; some time around Christmas.

Why?
I'm very sure Corsair knows that this annoys many people. But obviously it's hard for the devs to fix the issue becuase writing HW profiles seems to be harder within the iCUE structure than it was with LINK. So it will be a "big thing" for them to release.
If you now take a look at the previous iCUE releases: Each month, mostly in the middle of the month, a new version of iCUE gets released and it's always version 3.n+1.x (n stands for the previous version number). If this rhythm continues, we will see iCUE 4.0.x (theoretically iCUE 3.10.x) some time between december 10th and december 30th.
The jump from CUE 2.x.x to iCUE 3.x.x was huge. So the way from iCUE 3.x.x to iCUE 4.x.x will most likely become a far step ahead as well (maybe not as big as from 2.x.x to 3.x.x but still somehow a relatively big step).
With that in mind I'd say that there have to be some big improvements as iCUE 3.x.x isn't as perfect as Corsair may have hoped (some speculation here). And with "big improvements" I mean "big things" and how I already said in the beginning, this rainbow-ish issue is a "big thing" for the users and obviously a big (hard) thing to do for the devs. A big thing that needs to be fixed so I am very sure it will come with iCUE 4.0.x.

- This comment will be deleted if 1st iCUE 4.0.x won't be released how I predicted and/or 2nd iCUE 4.0.x still has the rainbow issue :D -
I really wonder why this is such a hard thing to do, if I literally kill the task in my windows task manager, the rainbow effect doesn't appear when I lock my pc..
Old 10-23-2018, 03:41 PM

POST ID # = 977695
nlopes Reputation: 10

Quote:
v3.8.91 of iCue has crashed on me a couple times already when I wake my PC up from sleep and my K95 RGB Pro (along with my Dark Core RGB SE and other equipment) all go into rainbow mode - which are their default hardware profiles. So understandable this happens, but previous version if iCue didn't crash like this.

Plus Corsair engineering STILL has not addressed a firmware or iCue fix to resolve the fact that the Dark Core mouse RGB lighting stays on when the PC is put to sleep. I leave my mouse USB plugged in all the time (don't use it wirelessly - no dongle plugged in) and find it dumb to have to shut the mouse off all the time to get the lights to shut off when PC is asleep. Mouse is supposed to be wireless OR wired use.

Hope next version of v4.x fixes this stuff!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:24 PM

POST ID # = 978045
Saucermote Reputation: 10

They fixed the profile switching click through problem. It no longer does multiple profile button presses if a button closes (or switch out of) one program and would do a second function if you were to click it on the program behind it.

Edit: I was wrong, it is still broken, it just required a reboot before all the broken things were clear again.

Last edited by Saucermote; 10-27-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:30 AM

POST ID # = 978058
zehmiguel Reputation: 10
Default Bug in Corsair Void

Hi,

I am having problems with my Corsair Void while the application is running on my machine. I hear a few bursts in the phone. This happens only while the application is running. If I close it the sound will be normal. This was not the case in the previous version. Any predictions of correction?
Old 10-28-2018, 11:52 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978143
c-attack Reputation: 96

I am continuing to get unexpected hardware drops from iCUE (Commander Pro and H115i PRO) while the PC is in use, not on wake from sleep. That is a first and since it keeps happening when I am in full screen mode, I am unaware of the loss of control. Since there are still no patch notes for 3.8.91, it's hard to justify continuing the experiment. To that effect, I reinstalled 3.7 which had been the best release so far, except...

All iCUE 3.8 profiles are incompatible with prior version of the software. Once again, the file format or something else has been changed to cause this. This means the 6-7 hours I spent this week working on profiles is wasted and I cannot use them with 3.7. I presume there is a legitimate reason for changing the file type or whatever has occurred, but not notifying users of this straight on release is ridiculous. I warn people about this frequently and I have been burned before, but here we go again. While I have more than a dozen backups in place in case of this, the work done this week is lost until you get a fix in place -- at least a month from now. There really isn't a legitimate reason not to release patch notes with these things. If someone can upload the file to the Corsair servers, someone can upload patch notes. I don't know why these are separate events.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:56 AM
726Nine's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978391
726Nine Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I'm getting almost 10% CPU usage. Is this normal?
Same here, 14% CPU usage.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:56 AM

POST ID # = 978396
nlopes Reputation: 10

iCUE 3.8.91 (and all previous versions) still shows a yellow warning triangle next to my wireless VOID Pro RGB headset saying "not connected" even though it is simply "turned off". It's hanging on my ST100 charging. Very annoying to constantly see an warning/error for this. I hope the next version of iCUE corrects this.

P.S. They released a new firmware v3.19 for the Darkcore RGB mouse and it's wonderful!! They finally fixed the RGB LEDs turning off when the PC goes to sleep! Nice job Corsair. Thank you!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:35 AM
bikerbobt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978399
bikerbobt Reputation: 10

Horrible!!! I just spent the last hour after trying to recover after updating. Running windows 7 Pro and after the update, I lost my button use on my R65 and then lost my wheel use. I tried to uninstall, and that didn't help. I tried to reinstall and that didn't help. I tried No ICUE at all with the same results. System would start with full use of mouse and within 2 minutes I would lose my use of the buttons first and then a minute later, I lost the use of the wheel. I ended up doing a full recovery of the Operating system and with the Old ICUE 3.7.99 everything is back.... DON"T UPDATE to the new version!!!