The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-25-2018, 04:45 AM
Piplos Piplos is offline
Registered User
Piplos's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
POST ID # = 970113
Piplos Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napascj View Post
You can add me to that list. Nothing worse than turning on your sleek, custom built PC to a full rainbow effect. I agree the customisation is great but at the right time. I'd still like to select what appears during boot-up.
Thank you, I've added you to the list :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I'm not disagreeing with your lighting personal preference, having an option to disable the rainbow default lighting would be nice. I even said it myself that I'd prefer to have that feature. But not having that feature means that that it is an issue. Not having that option does not affect the KB's performance nor it's overall functionality.
Ok, let me explain this in another point of view.

Would you like to have a smartphone which flashes the camera led during boot and every time the screen is off? Imagine it constantly flashing while you have it in your pocket. Maybe it's not an issue from the point of view of someone, but is it good for you?

Imagine going to your phone manufacturer explaining this:

"I had an update on my smartphone and now it's doing this flashing all the day. I can't return the phone and I don't have the necessary knowledge to do a downgrade. What can I do?"

Imagine you were answered like this:

"That behavior is considered normal, it does not affect the device's performance nor it's overall functionality. I want the led to be off too, but not having that feature means that that it is an issue, so we are not doing anything about it"

What would you do in these circumstances?

This fully represents the rainbow effect. We are using our PCs everyday. Sometimes we boot up our PC. Sometimes we put them in a locked state so other users wouldn't touch it. Sometimes we even use alternate operating systems (for instance, Linux) where iCUE isn't even considered.

We don't want this constant rainbow unicorn effect. We want to have the ability to set a default profile loaded right into the LNP or Commander Pro so we don't see that crappy rainbow effect every times iCUE is not connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I totally know where you guys are coming from, but when I said that rainbow default lighting profile doesn't really bother "A good amount of people" I'm referring to thousands of Commander PRO, LNP, HD fans, LL fans verified owners that either love it or couldn't careless that their system defaults to rainbow when exiting iCUE.
You can agree with me when I say that only a very small percentage of users who bought these Corsair products are registered in this forum.

Even if there's a small amount, in the previous post I showed you a very high amount of these registered users are complaining about this bug.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-25-2018, 05:51 AM
TheBuz TheBuz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
POST ID # = 970115
TheBuz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
Thank you, I've added you to the list :)



Ok, let me explain this in another point of view.

Would you like to have a smartphone which flashes the camera led during boot and every time the screen is off? Imagine it constantly flashing while you have it in your pocket. Maybe it's not an issue from the point of view of someone, but is it good for you?

Imagine going to your phone manufacturer explaining this:

"I had an update on my smartphone and now it's doing this flashing all the day. I can't return the phone and I don't have the necessary knowledge to do a downgrade. What can I do?"

Imagine you were answered like this:

"That behavior is considered normal, it does not affect the device's performance nor it's overall functionality. I want the led to be off too, but not having that feature means that that it is an issue, so we are not doing anything about it"

What would you do in these circumstances?

This fully represents the rainbow effect. We are using our PCs everyday. Sometimes we boot up our PC. Sometimes we put them in a locked state so other users wouldn't touch it. Sometimes we even use alternate operating systems (for instance, Linux) where iCUE isn't even considered.

We don't want this constant rainbow unicorn effect. We want to have the ability to set a default profile loaded right into the LNP or Commander Pro so we don't see that crappy rainbow effect every times iCUE is not connected.



You can agree with me when I say that only a very small percentage of users who bought these Corsair products are registered in this forum.

Even if there's a small amount, in the previous post I showed you a very high amount of these registered users are complaining about this bug.

Agree 100% and probably wouldn't have bought it if i had known beforehand. It's even worse on the Omega RGB case.

I'm holding back on a video review in hope it will be fixed soon
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-26-2018, 02:28 AM
Inheritance's Avatar
Inheritance Inheritance is offline
βetα Nayn Cat
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 5,265
POST ID # = 970211
Inheritance Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
Even if there's a small amount, in the previous post I showed you a very high amount of these registered users are complaining about this bug.
Its not a bug... Might be a bad User experience for some but its not a bug and calling it it that wont get it "fixed". If anything its going to confuse some people. They arent saying they wont make changes eventually but that its not a high priority right now.
__________________
Colors of the RAINBOW shine so bright!
USER IS NOT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE
Come Join My Discord =(^.^)= [iCUE Guide]
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-26-2018, 05:45 AM
TheBuz TheBuz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
POST ID # = 970230
TheBuz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Its not a bug... Might be a bad User experience for some but its not a bug and calling it it that wont get it "fixed". If anything its going to confuse some people. They arent saying they wont make changes eventually but that its not a high priority right now.
I disagree, it doesn't say anywhere on Corsair's website or Amazon that lighting profiles do not work when the computer is locked or in sleep. That is either a bug or misleading advertising.

Do cooling profiles have this same issue? If they do that can be dangerous to a custom setup.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-26-2018, 06:23 AM
Piplos Piplos is offline
Registered User
Piplos's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
POST ID # = 970232
Piplos Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Its not a bug... Might be a bad User experience for some but its not a bug and calling it it that wont get it "fixed". If anything its going to confuse some people. They arent saying they wont make changes eventually but that its not a high priority right now.
Stop minimizing the problem. Several users complained about this since its appearance in the very first version. It's a serious issue, call it what you want, but it needs to be appropriately fixed once for all. We need the ability to set a default profile which overrides that ****ty rainbow effect.

All you are doing is minimizing the problem, like "Oh yeah, that should be fixed but I don't want to get to work".

Your approach to customers makes me not to buy Corsair products again. If I had known it before, I wouldn't have bought anything.

Last edited by Piplos; 08-26-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-26-2018, 12:12 PM
DevBiker's Avatar
DevBiker DevBiker is offline
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,194
POST ID # = 970266
DevBiker Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuz View Post
I disagree, it doesn't say anywhere on Corsair's website or Amazon that lighting profiles do not work when the computer is locked or in sleep. That is either a bug or misleading advertising.
Can you show me where it says that the lighting profiles do work when the system is locked on in sleep?

You can't. So that eliminates misleading advertising.

iCue disconnects the USB connection when the system is locked. The devices then display a default pattern, which happens to be rainbow. That's actually by design - it's intentional and it's to spec. That means it's not a bug.

Now ... what you can argue is that the design and functionality isn't what it should be. Which I would agree with, by the way, and it's feedback that I've provided as well. But that doesn't make it a bug nor does it make it misleading advertising. It makes it a feature/functionality request.
__________________
Please click "Edit System Specs" and fill out your system info.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-26-2018, 01:23 PM
hi-ban hi-ban is offline
Registered User
hi-ban's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 970287
hi-ban Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I'm not disagreeing with your lighting personal preference, having an option to disable the rainbow default lighting would be nice. I even said it myself that I'd prefer to have that feature. But not having that feature means that that it is an issue. Not having that option does not affect the KB's performance nor it's overall functionality.

I totally know where you guys are coming from, but when I said that rainbow default lighting profile doesn't really bother "A good amount of people" I'm referring to thousands of Commander PRO, LNP, HD fans, LL fans verified owners that either love it or couldn't careless that their system defaults to rainbow when exiting iCUE.
Well, i purchased 3x ML RGB 120 fans, 3x ML RGB 140 fans and a Lighting Node Pro with 4 RGB LED strips (with a total cost of more than 250 euros) for the sole reason that they had a feature called "HARDWARE PROFILES", which guess what... does NOT work with iCUE.

Hardware Profiles are supposed to let you save a profile into hardware so it plays ALWAYS as default. And when i say "Always as default", that includes before loading Windows, when windows goes to lock screen, etc...

I purchased the ML fans which have "HARDWARE PROFILES" feature just because i wanted that feature so i could AVOID having the rainbow effect, AT ALL. I could have purchased the LL fans, which have a hell lot more LEDs, but those have no "hardware profiles". So i got the ML ones which have the disadvantage of just having 4 LEDs, but have the advantage of having "hardware profiles".

So to my understanding, not having working hardware profiles is a big big issue, because it makes some products NOT work as advertised. Maybe not having a product work as advertised is not an issue for you, but it is a big issue for every customer who purchased your products expecting hardware profiles to work as advertised.

So please, add me to the list of complaints.

Last edited by hi-ban; 08-26-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Inheritance's Avatar
Inheritance Inheritance is offline
βetα Nayn Cat
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 5,265
POST ID # = 970324
Inheritance Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuz View Post
I disagree, it doesn't say anywhere on Corsair's website or Amazon that lighting profiles do not work when the computer is locked or in sleep. That is either a bug or misleading advertising.

Do cooling profiles have this same issue? If they do that can be dangerous to a custom setup.
It doest say that I wont get a car with my purchase of the keyboard. Please do explain how your computer would heat up when its in sleep...

Its not a bug and its not misleading advertising. Its clueless users assuming what they want because they believe tech works like magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
Stop minimizing the problem. Several users complained about this since its appearance in the very first version. It's a serious issue, call it what you want, but it needs to be appropriately fixed once for all. We need the ability to set a default profile which overrides that ****ty rainbow effect.

All you are doing is minimizing the problem, like "Oh yeah, that should be fixed but I don't want to get to work".

Your approach to customers makes me not to buy Corsair products again. If I had known it before, I wouldn't have bought anything.
Its not a serious issue, you dont get to make that call. You dont work for them. Not buying their stuff... You've said that before over and over again. You also said you'd be selling all that "crap"

And I DONT work for them so it really doesnt matter what I want to work on, or what I want from them.

Its can be called a bad UX but its not a bug so stop spreading misinformation, and making it seem like its a bug that will be patched. Like I said. Its not a high priority but it doesnt mean changes wont be made.
__________________
Colors of the RAINBOW shine so bright!
USER IS NOT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE
Come Join My Discord =(^.^)= [iCUE Guide]
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Last edited by Inheritance; 08-26-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-27-2018, 03:49 AM
Piplos Piplos is offline
Registered User
Piplos's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
POST ID # = 970376
Piplos Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Not buying their stuff... You've said that before over and over again. You also said you'd be selling all that "crap"
First, you also don't seem working for them, you look like a Corsair fanboy. I've had enough about this crap.

Second, I never said I would sell that "crap", because I want to be fully refunded as I paid a lot for something that works very badly. It's not up to me to remedy for my bad experience, it's up to Corsair. I didn't pay something like 5 dollars, I paid 600+ euros and for that price I would expect everything WORKING, or I would have bought something else.

In the light of all this, I think it's my right to complain (like many users in this forum) so I invite you and all the other fanboys here in this forum to dispense your wisdom elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-ban View Post
Well, i purchased 3x ML RGB 120 fans, 3x ML RGB 140 fans and a Lighting Node Pro with 4 RGB LED strips (with a total cost of more than 250 euros) for the sole reason that they had a feature called "HARDWARE PROFILES", which guess what... does NOT work with iCUE.

Hardware Profiles are supposed to let you save a profile into hardware so it plays ALWAYS as default. And when i say "Always as default", that includes before loading Windows, when windows goes to lock screen, etc...

I purchased the ML fans which have "HARDWARE PROFILES" feature just because i wanted that feature so i could AVOID having the rainbow effect, AT ALL. I could have purchased the LL fans, which have a hell lot more LEDs, but those have no "hardware profiles". So i got the ML ones which have the disadvantage of just having 4 LEDs, but have the advantage of having "hardware profiles".

So to my understanding, not having working hardware profiles is a big big issue, because it makes some products NOT work as advertised. Maybe not having a product work as advertised is not an issue for you, but it is a big issue for every customer who purchased your products expecting hardware profiles to work as advertised.

So please, add me to the list of complaints.
Thanks for giving us your experience, I'm adding you to the list
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 PM
TheBuz TheBuz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
POST ID # = 970428
TheBuz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Can you show me where it says that the lighting profiles do work when the system is locked on in sleep?

You can't. So that eliminates misleading advertising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Its not a bug and its not misleading advertising. Its clueless users assuming what they want because they believe tech works like magic.
The Very first thing you see on the screen on Corsairs iCue Website:

INTELLIGENT CONTROL, UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES
CORSAIR iCUE software connects all your compatible products together in a single interface, giving you complete control of everything from RGB lighting and effects to fan speeds and temperature monitoring.


I Don't have complete control of my RGB lighting, I have control most of the time, when the computer is in the right state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
It doest say that I wont get a car with my purchase of the keyboard.
It doesn't, but that is a terrible analogy, Lock and Sleep are NORMAL day to day functions of a PC.

A car is not a normal function of a PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Please do explain how your computer would heat up when its in sleep...
Not sleep, but lock definitely.

Start rendering a project that will take 4 hours? lock the PC and walk away, that's normal.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-27-2018, 01:09 PM
DevBiker's Avatar
DevBiker DevBiker is offline
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,194
POST ID # = 970442
DevBiker Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuz View Post
The Very first thing you see on the screen on Corsairs iCue Website:

INTELLIGENT CONTROL, UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES
CORSAIR iCUE software connects all your compatible products together in a single interface, giving you complete control of everything from RGB lighting and effects to fan speeds and temperature monitoring.


I Don't have complete control of my RGB lighting, I have control most of the time, when the computer is in the right state.
Can you control the lighting? Yes.
Can you control the fans? Yes.
Can you monitor the temps? Yes.

You are adding your own assumptions in and filling in the blanks. You can try to file this as "deceptive advertising" with the FTC but a first year law student would easily be able to defend it.

You do realize that I fundamentally agree with you here, right? That it shouldn't go to rainbow mode on lock? But I won't agree that it's a bug or false advertising. It's a request for iCue to behave differently.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuz View Post
It doesn't, but that is a terrible analogy, Lock and Sleep are NORMAL day to day functions of a PC.

A car is not a normal function of a PC.



Not sleep, but lock definitely.

Start rendering a project that will take 4 hours? lock the PC and walk away, that's normal.
And even if the workstation is locked, fan curves still run in the background from the service, regardless of the lighting.
__________________
Please click "Edit System Specs" and fill out your system info.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-27-2018, 02:37 PM
Greybeard's Avatar
Greybeard Greybeard is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Corsair HQ
Posts: 1,298
POST ID # = 970457
Greybeard Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piplos View Post
You can agree with me when I say that only a very small percentage of users who bought these Corsair products are registered in this forum.

Even if there's a small amount, in the previous post I showed you a very high amount of these registered users are complaining about this bug.
I am not even sure if I want to respond to your smart phone analogy... its a bit off since computer parts functions way differently from a smart phone.

But I will address your # users that are not happy with this default rainbow effect. CORSAIR has been known to listen to their customers for many years now. We've proven that in the last decade by releasing multiple product lines that are based on our customer's suggestions. We do value our customer's feedback whether it's positive or negative, we all take them into consideration and evaluate them for future implementation. So to be fair, you've got a valid point on this particular topic and like what I said on my previous post, I will pass this along to the right personnel so they can go over it and decide whether this feature will stay or not. Knowing how the process works, the team will have to evaluate this and determine if changing this feature will benefit the product or not. We'll just have to wait and see in the future if it's staying or not,

And I wouldn't call it a "bug" either, because it doesn't really cause any problems to any of the components when the rainbow effect kicks in. Saying that it is a bug or an issue is a bit of a stretch, a bit misleading if you ask me. I would call it a bug myself if It's a indeed a bug. But in this case.

Last edited by Greybeard; 08-27-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-27-2018, 04:20 PM
TheBuz TheBuz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
POST ID # = 970460
TheBuz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Can you control the lighting? Yes.
Can you control the fans? Yes.
Can you monitor the temps? Yes.
Yes i can control all of those, but there is no way I have complete control, there are still multiple limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You are adding your own assumptions in and filling in the blanks. You can try to file this as "deceptive advertising" with the FTC but a first year law student would easily be able to defend it.
I never said i wanted to sue Corsair, but UK advertising laws are very different from the US and omitting key information is a bad false information, over here anyway


Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You do realize that I fundamentally agree with you here, right? That it shouldn't go to rainbow mode on lock? But I won't agree that it's a bug or false advertising. It's a request for iCue to behave differently.




And even if the workstation is locked, fan curves still run in the background from the service, regardless of the lighting.

I'm happy we are on the same page, and i'm glad fan curves are important enough to save to the hardware,
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-27-2018, 04:45 PM
TheBuz TheBuz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
POST ID # = 970462
TheBuz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I am not even sure if I want to respond to your smart phone analogy... its a bit off since computer parts functions way differently from a smart phone.

But I will address your # users that are not happy with this default rainbow effect. CORSAIR has been known to listen to their customers for many years now. We've proven that in the last decade by releasing multiple product lines that are based on our customer's suggestions. We do value our customer's feedback whether it's positive or negative, we all take them into consideration and evaluate them for future implementation. So to be fair, you've got a valid point on this particular topic and like what I said on my previous post, I will pass this along to the right personnel so they can go over it and decide whether this feature will stay or not. Knowing how the process works, the team will have to evaluate this and determine if changing this feature will benefit the product or not. We'll just have to wait and see in the future if it's staying or not,

And I wouldn't call it a "bug" either, because it doesn't really cause any problems to any of the components when the rainbow effect kicks in. Saying that it is a bug or an issue is a bit of a stretch, a bit misleading if you ask me. I would call it a bug myself if It's a indeed a bug. But in this case.
If this was the intended operation, then no perhaps not a bug, but an "issue" is subjective and this is definitely an "issue" for some.

A warning somewhere on the marketing material would have been nice, as I wouldn't have purchased my Omega RGB case and a bunch of HD fans if i had of known about this behavior beforehand.

I Switched from NZXT lighting (which isn't perfect either) which didn't even have an option to "set for boot/lock screen" it was set, for all states of the PC (except off).

IMO Saving to hardware should be the default like it used to be with Corsairs Keyboard and Mice via link
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-27-2018, 11:53 PM
DevBiker's Avatar
DevBiker DevBiker is offline
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,194
POST ID # = 970517
DevBiker Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuz View Post
IMO Saving to hardware should be the default like it used to be with Corsairs Keyboard and Mice via link
Link has never saved anything to keyboards or mice. And you can still save hardware profiles to keyboards and mice that support it in iCue.
__________________
Please click "Edit System Specs" and fill out your system info.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.