Corsair Community

H110i GT and Asus maximus hero viii

Sheldoncooper

Hey Sheldoncooper, within link it will only display one fan. Is there any fan RPM being reported next to the pump?

I am sorry my English is terrible. When I open Configure tab I only see 3 FANs

MB Fan1: 600+ RPM

MB FAN2: 2300+ RPM

MB FAN3: 450+ RPM

before, I could able to adjust 2 fans but now I don't even see them.

Corsair link version: 4.9.7.35

The H110i GT will show 2 fans when they are connected to the pump wires and the usb cable is connected to one of the 2 usb 2.0 connectors on the bottom right edge of the Hero VIII.

Does your H110i GT show up in Link? If not, try connecting the usb cable to the other usb 2.0 header, if not try using an ordinary mini usb cable and plug it into an external usb socket. If none of that works, it may be worth installing an older version of Link.

If your H110i GT does show up in Link, try connecting the fans to the cpu_opt and w_pump headers and see if they register in Link, you won't be able to control them from Link, but it will give you an idea if the circuitry inside the pump housing is fried.

The H110i GT will show 2 fans when they are connected to the pump wires and the usb cable is connected to one of the 2 usb 2.0 connectors on the bottom right edge of the Hero VIII.

Does your H110i GT show up in Link? If not, try connecting the usb cable to the other usb 2.0 header, if not try using an ordinary mini usb cable and plug it into an external usb socket. If none of that works, it may be worth installing an older version of Link.

If your H110i GT does show up in Link, try connecting the fans to the cpu_opt and w_pump headers and see if they register in Link, you won't be able to control them from Link, but it will give you an idea if the circuitry inside the pump housing is fried.

Hello snapper69 and thank you for help. Corsair link cable connected to external usb 2.0 did not work but I installed an old driver which is " 4.7.0.77 | 05/16/2017 " Now I can control the fans.

should I use pump mode on performance?

Balanced is fine with less noise and no performance difference for most users.

I set a custom profile and both fans not passing 750rpm even with 50c but while browsing on google chrome CPU temp suddenly goes up to 60c for 1-2 seconds and drops 37c. Even hot summer times max CPU and GPU temp while gaming 85 degrees. Today 1 hour of gaming both GPU and CPU max 83c.

I wonder what happens on summer :sigh!: using hafx 942. Clean, not bad cable management but not happy with temps.

The jumpy CPU behavior is native to the 6700-8700K series processors. No cooler can do anything about that. You can try and mitigate it through certain BIOS settings to reign in the voltage swings, but no cooler can transfer heat away faster than the electricity on the pin side creates it and the heat must travel through the CPU to exit via the cold plate.

To determine whether case heat management or fan/pump settings have any bearing on your end performance, you need to look at the H110i GT Temp in Link. This is you coolant temperature. Typical values are idle +4-7C above room temperature. +6C for a CPU only load on a 6700K with high overclock. The wild card is when you mix GPU waste heat into the case. That is enough to heat up everything and alter the normal coolant temp. If you raise your H110i Temp by +6C with GPU heat, all your CPU temps (and everything else as well) will also be +6C higher.

Take a look at your normal temp levels (not after gaming) to find a baseline. Then see how those numbers compare to a CPU only load and your usual gaming sessions. Typically, we can draw some conclusions from those numbers.

Mine had a slight (but annoying) noise on Performance, so I set it to Quiet. with a 4.4 overclock and the fans (ML140 LED) running at about 900rpm, the temps are a max of 45 under normal use and never go above 60, even when gaming. The H110i GT is (in my not so humble opinion) an excellent cooler and much as I would like to change to one of the new Pro coolers, I don't currently see any real advantage in doing so.

The jumpy CPU behavior is native to the 6700-8700K series processors. No cooler can do anything about that. You can try and mitigate it through certain BIOS settings to reign in the voltage swings, but no cooler can transfer heat away faster than the electricity on the pin side creates it and the heat must travel through the CPU to exit via the cold plate.

To determine whether case heat management or fan/pump settings have any bearing on your end performance, you need to look at the H110i GT Temp in Link. This is you coolant temperature. Typical values are idle +4-7C above room temperature. +6C for a CPU only load on a 6700K with high overclock. The wild card is when you mix GPU waste heat into the case. That is enough to heat up everything and alter the normal coolant temp. If you raise your H110i Temp by +6C with GPU heat, all your CPU temps (and everything else as well) will also be +6C higher.

Take a look at your normal temp levels (not after gaming) to find a baseline. Then see how those numbers compare to a CPU only load and your usual gaming sessions. Typically, we can draw some conclusions from those numbers.

hello m8. CPU Temp. is around 37-40 during browsing. H110i GT 30c.

I played 1 hour CS:Go and max temp was 89 which is really high. I only see this temps during really hot summer times. max cpu load %82. Do you think case heat is the problem? Not enough cool air goes in and also hot air not goes out?

Mine had a slight (but annoying) noise on Performance, so I set it to Quiet. with a 4.4 overclock and the fans (ML140 LED) running at about 900rpm, the temps are a max of 45 under normal use and never go above 60, even when gaming. The H110i GT is (in my not so humble opinion) an excellent cooler and much as I would like to change to one of the new Pro coolers, I don't currently see any real advantage in doing so.

I can't see any diffirence between quiet and performance. I was expecting increase noise but nothing changed. What is your fan RPMs during load? I set to mines max 1500.

OK, 30C coolant temp at idle. What happens to the coolant temp while gaming? That helps determine whether this is a cooler issue or something else. Take a screenshot of Link if you can after gaming for a while.

1500 rpm is plenty(!) of fan speed on 140mmx2. I don't even benchmark above 1250 rpm with normal gaming load speeds of 700-900 on a 8700K.

OK, 30C coolant temp at idle. What happens to the coolant temp while gaming? That helps determine whether this is a cooler issue or something else. Take a screenshot of Link if you can after gaming for a while.

1500 rpm is plenty(!) of fan speed on 140mmx2. I don't even benchmark above 1250 rpm with normal gaming load speeds of 700-900 on a 8700K.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2mqj6dl.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/16j0llc.jpg

Archived