Corsair Community

iCUE - Lighting Node Pro loosing Lighting Effects

WarlordMikele

Hello there and thank you for iCUE,

I had CUE and LINK4 installed before and everything was working normally. I uninstall both and installed iCUE and the following issue occurs.

I have Strafe RGB and Lighting Node Pro detected normally in iCUE.

However when I setup the lighting effects on Lighting Node Pro with a custom static color (tried both as the default profile and new profile) the peripherals (LL Fans & RGB Strips) get and show the lighting effects perfectly, however after approximately 30seconds they turn off completely.

The same thing occurs with Instant Lighting. I dont have Lighting Node Pro effects linked with Strafe RGB, they use separate effects.

Also, when they turn off and I go and try to edit something (i.e. the opacity of the effect) the lighting effect then shows again on the fans & strips and after 30seconds goes off again.

Please note that this does not happen with predefined lighting effects. They do not turn off. It only happens with custom static colors that I set.

Can you please advise? Thank you!

It seems this behaviour is caused when there is constant static color.

I tried custom solid with 0 time for blinking and it has the same issue. I tried again custom solid but with many random blinking times and it does not lose the effect.. weird things..

I also noticed that now they dont trun off but reset to the rainbow effect after the usual 30 seconds mentioned above.

It's like it doesnt like having the same color constantly..

Yes, known issue and a workaround was posted.

If you want a solid color, you can use Color Shift ... and have one of the colors off by 1 value from the other color.

For example, if you want "All Red All The Time", add color shift with the first color as 255,0,0 and the second color as 254,0,0. This forces the software to update the LEDs but the difference isn't enough for your eyes to see the difference.

Yes, known issue and a workaround was posted.

If you want a solid color, you can use Color Shift ... and have one of the colors off by 1 value from the other color.

For example, if you want "All Red All The Time", add color shift with the first color as 255,0,0 and the second color as 254,0,0. This forces the software to update the LEDs but the difference isn't enough for your eyes to see the difference.

I joined because I was having the same issue, and this work around seemed to fix it. But, with this work around. I can't dim the lights and they are pretty bright. Any idea on another work around that will allow me to dim them, or does anyone know when they will fix the static issue?

I joined because I was having the same issue, and this work around seemed to fix it. But, with this work around. I can't dim the lights and they are pretty bright. Any idea on another work around that will allow me to dim them, or does anyone know when they will fix the static issue?

I joined for the same reason. Any update on when the software will be updated? Sucks seeing these LLs go to waste

Experiencing same issue here.

Trying to use temperature lighting effect and after about 30 seconds switches back to rainbow wave. Sometimes it fixes itself back after a few minutes other times it just stays on rainbow wave until I reset Corsair services.

This is really frustrating as I use the light to indicate if my graphics card is over heating.

Experiencing same issue here.

Trying to use temperature lighting effect and after about 30 seconds switches back to rainbow wave. Sometimes it fixes itself back after a few minutes other times it just stays on rainbow wave until I reset Corsair services.

This is really frustrating as I use the light to indicate if my graphics card is over heating.

Yeah, the issue is that any static color - or anything that doesn't require the NoPro to change a value - will cause the NoPro to revert to Rainbow after about 30 seconds. So, in your case, the temperature isn't changing, it's steady ... so after 30 seconds, you get rainbow. The good news is that if your temp increased, it'd change.

I would guess that this will be fixed in the next build, however.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, the issue is that any static color - or anything that doesn't require the NoPro to change a value - will cause the NoPro to revert to Rainbow after about 30 seconds. So, in your case, the temperature isn't changing, it's steady ... so after 30 seconds, you get rainbow. The good news is that if your temp increased, it'd change.

I would guess that this will be fixed in the next build, however.

Same prob here...... Nothing but problems with this product.

Jeeesus did these stooges @ corsair test this stuff before they sent it out?

All the YT reviewers didn't say a single word of how bad this product is.

So i hold them just as accountable.

Nothing but hate for this product over @ LTT maybe the man himself might say some thing to his 6mill subscribers.

Same prob here...... Nothing but problems with this product.

Jeeesus did these stooges @ corsair test this stuff before they sent it out?

Yes, they did. As did a group of end-user beta testers (myself and Zotty included). And we not only found this issue before it was released, we also found the workaround. Honestly, it's not a major issue - it doesn't crash, it doesn't cause loss of major functionality and it's easy to workaround. Certainly not major enough to hold up a release when there were numerous other issues fixed and some important new functionality included.

All the YT reviewers didn't say a single word of how bad this product is.

So i hold them just as accountable.

Nothing but hate for this product over @ LTT maybe the man himself might say some thing to his 6mill subscribers.

So ... besides the known issue with the static colors, are you having any other issue? Do you have any comprehension of the complexity of what does work and how well, overall, it actually does work or are you so hyper-focused on your static colors that you can't see the big picture? No need to answer, actually ... that was more of a rhetorical question.

Remember: this is an open beta. If you can't handle that, use CUE and Link.

• 5 months later...

Archived