Corsair Community

Hold mouse button

zumba

Hello,

I recently switched from a Logitech setup to a Corsair K70 and a Sabre RGB and like them very much so far.

I am currently missing a most needed feature.

Assign a key (preferably on the mouse) to keep holding the left mouse button down.

I tried the settings in my attachment. It executes the holding but pressing the assigend key again doesn't release the action.

For my Logitech mouse I had to use a LUA script to get this to work.

Which looked like this:

function OnEvent(event, arg, family)
OutputLogMessage("event = %s, arg = %s\n", event, arg);

if event == "MOUSE_BUTTON_PRESSED" and arg == 4 then
   Toggle = not Toggle
   if Toggle then
     PressMouseButton(1)
   else
     ReleaseMouseButton(1)
   end
 end

if event == "MOUSE_BUTTON_PRESSED" and arg == 5 then
   Toggle = not Toggle
   if Toggle then
     PressMouseButton(3)
   else
     ReleaseMouseButton(3)
   end
 end
end

Is there any way to get this to work?

lmb_down.png.144952423b2b795dbb23338986339383.png

Until then, you could probably do this in AutoHotKey!

Thanks for the hint.

I made a small script that does what I need.

If anyone is interested here is the code.

Left ALT + Mouse L or R keeps the buttons pressed.

LALT & LButton::Send % "{Click " . ( GetKeyState("LButton") ? "Up}" : "Down}" )
LALT & RButton::Send % "{Click right " . ( GetKeyState("RButton") ? "Up}" : "Down}" )

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately CUE doesn't have a "keep button pressed" option at this time. It's something we'll look to add in the future but currently, it cannot be done.

This is ALMOST a showstopper, except for the clunky workaround of making a macro for press with deleting the release action, and then a macro for release that contains the release action.

I use mouse side buttons for push to talk and for obvious reasons, it's necessary to keep the button held. The workaround SEEMS to work though I haven't tried it in a raid situation yet so I don't know if there are any other side effects with trying to do that while hitting other keys.

I would highly recommend Corsair make this a priority otherwise this little mouse (otherwise rather nice) goes back to the store.

This is ALMOST a showstopper, except for the clunky workaround of making a macro for press with deleting the release action, and then a macro for release that contains the release action.

I use mouse side buttons for push to talk and for obvious reasons, it's necessary to keep the button held. The workaround SEEMS to work though I haven't tried it in a raid situation yet so I don't know if there are any other side effects with trying to do that while hitting other keys.

I would highly recommend Corsair make this a priority otherwise this little mouse (otherwise rather nice) goes back to the store.

any large changed like this most likely wont be added until CUE 2.0 comes out.

any large changed like this most likely wont be added until CUE 2.0 comes out.

That's unfortunate. On a positive note, the workaround DOES seem to work out okay under more strenuous conditions and I haven't noticed any oddball multi-key-press artifacts. Perhaps they can decompose the workaround into something that works at their code level and implement it sooner than a full version.

• 5 months later...
1 year on(6 months on this thread) and still "keep button pressed" has not been implemented? There's actually a thread I found from 2013 but I guess that was with the older keyboard. I've remapped "left mouse click" to a Macro...it works but still it won't continually chop wood in Rust whilst I make a coffee. I guess a piece of cardboard holding the key down will have to do in the meantime

• 2 years later...

Archived