Corsair Community

No fan control

CRz

Hi,

I have a H100i and reciently got a AX1500i...

I always to keep Link up-to-date, lately I've noticed that the fan control stopped, I have not made any changes to fan profiles at all.

The default profiles are what I normally use...

One thing I did notice was when I change the fan profile the LED color change only... no change to the fan speed.

Another thing that I have today is that I'm only able to set the color to RED all other colors are LED=OFF... Can't say I'm in to the hole LED and pimping my rig. I just want a silent RIG that is cooled no matter the ambiant temp...

What's up, any ideas??

Rig Spec

--------------

Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro

PSU: AX1500i

CPU Cooler: H100i

Link: 4.9.7.35

Firmware: 1.1.3

Apparantly it was the USB header, read somewhere that sometimes changing the USB header would resolve this issue.

I also fiddled around in the bios, that might also have done the trick.

Once I played around with the modes when working I get what I was aiming for.

But I'm not able to change the fan speed on motherboard header fans... from what I've read it should be possible... Have tried to disable the fan control.

Looks like the fan speed is quite wrong too.

Would it be to much for H100i if I splitt the fan power cable?

Does anyone know if the LED is defektive if it only can show like RED?

Tried to change the color but all I get is one color... know I was able to change it before...

The control souce is fixed speed for now, just got a happy supprise that it suddenly worked. I have been running it at the quiet profile for a looong time until I noticed that it didnt respond when I changed profile.

Neither Link nor iCue will control motherboard fan speeds. I've not seen anywhere that has ever said otherwise. Fans attached to Corsair coolers and the Commander Pro can be controlled.

It's possible that the LED is defective ... you've not provided enough information for us to clearly determine that however. Which LED? Where is it plugged in? How are you trying to control it? You hardware details are pretty bare so we don't have anything to go on.

Its the Cooler block... the only LED on the H100i as far as I know.

Its connected as it should be I think, its got a SATA power and the fanspeed header is connected to the CPU fan header on the M/B...

And the USB header is also connected to the M/B obviously, without it I wouldnt find it in the Link.

The fan speed header connected to the motherboard provides pump RPM to the tachometer so you don't get a CPU Fan warning on boot.

Where are the H100's fans connected? Also, are you running any other system software? HWInfo, EVGA XOC, etc.?

I'm only running coretemp to be able to get the cpu temp to my rainmeter widget.

It has work before without any issues.

I noticed now that the Link software does not detect any of my HW, not H100i nor AX1500i... sigh...

weired, now it works again.

I woke my computer from work today... now that I'm home all is fine with the CorsAir products (H100i, Corair RAM, AX1500i and AMD Vga)

The fan control work fine to....

All is showing in CorsAir link but instead the HDD temp is missing or rather none of them are showing at all.

Hard drive temps were removed a couple of revisions ago until they resolve/identify the root cause of the hard drive clicking that caused so many people on the forum to lose their minds.

I would expect to see it return at some point but can't say when.

Archived