Corsair Community

Remap key combination

istrasci

Is there a way to remap an entire key combination? I can easily set one key to do a combination. Specifically, I'd like Shift+Alt+Space to map to Shift+CapsLock. Can iCue do this, or do I need to use something like AutoHotKey?

CJ is correct above, however, if it is essential to you, you can create a shift profile and an alt profile that send you to a shift + alt profile and then space would just be bound to capslock.

The shift and Alt Keys in the base profile need to be set to a direct profile switch and then "retain output" and then also "while pressed"

They each need to send you to the shift profile and the alt profile respectively in which the other (not initially pressed key) does the same thing, except they would send you to the shift alt profile regardless of the order pressed.

That said, except in specific use cases, it could be a lot of work depending on what you want to do.

AHK is great because you can run it seamlessly alongside iCUE/CUE and just have a script that says (I think, this is untested, but I assume your post was just a for instance):

+!space::

Send +{CapsLock}

Return

iCUE doesn't currently support remapping key combinations like that. Could you describe what instances you'd use something like that for?!

Just muscle memory from different application/OS shortcuts. For example, most applications in macOS use Ctrl+, to get to the app preferences.

In my case, I'm used to Shift+Alt+Space to change language input modes. Windows has this default to Shift+CapsLock, and I'd rather not have to excavate the crazy Windows IME settings to try to change that if I could easily do it through the software.

Archived