Corsair Community

HELP: AX1200i

Counteragent77

Hi Guys,

I have a build which has been working for years. But has recently been giving head aches.

When I attempt to turn on PC turns on for a second and then turns off.. no QCODES on MB.

I need help with ruling out the PSU.

I took all cables out of CPU and I press the SELF TEST button. It comes back green and I can hear a fan starting up.

I then plug in both cables ro 6+2 PCHE & 4+4 CPU and I press the self test button and I get NO GREEN LED or RED.

When I unplug 1 of those cables (not certain wich one) and press self test I get a green LED.

Any ideas?

Bad PSU / maybe a bad CPU?

If it's the 4+4 CPU cable that you unplug, I'd guess that the Motherboard is toast.

Try the usual things, reset BIOS, test with minimum hardware possible (in this case it would be: Single GPU, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Cooler). If it POSTS from here, add in the other GPU and test, if it POSTS from there, add in HDD/SSD's and test.

In short terms - Go down to bare minimums, and work your way up by adding in hardware as you test. It will help work out what part is playing up.

The green LED Test Light only works when all cables are not plugged into it......will light up green when PC running.

I highly doubt theres an issue with your psu...as mentioned above try setting it up outside the case and systematically go thru plugging in each piece of hardware.......but I would hazard a guess and say its most likely your Board...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...