Corsair Community

Anyone have an MP300 yet?

hastegag

thinking about grabbing a MP300 480GB in the next week or two. Anyone know how they stack up against MP500 or other similar offerings out there? I know there was a precipitous price drop recently. I adore my NVME at work but it had reliability issues in the past. This would be for home office / gaming machine and id probably be mirroring my Boot drive over there and then using the current boot ssd as a game storage drive.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Storage/M-2-SSDs/Force-Series-MP300/p/CSSD-F480GBMP300

It is super affordable all things considered. I think i have 2 or 3 u.2 pcie 3x's on my board, so although I feel like I will regret not getting the 960 gb, its not necessarily the worst if i ended up having to span the drive in the future across a couple 480's. I have a 8TB 'cold storage' or more static drive in the same box so big storage is not unavailable.

• Corsair Employee

Just a rough comparison between MP300 and MP500.

MP300:

PCIe 3.0 x2

1600MB/sec sequential reads

3D TLC NAND

Single-sided M.2

MP500:

PCIe 3.0 x4

3000MB/sec sequential reads

3D MLC

Double-sided M.2

The speed difference isn't really all that noticeable in bootup and typical daily usage. So I'd mostly look at things such as cost vs. capacity and durability as a boot drive.

Just a rough comparison between MP300 and MP500...The speed difference isn't really all that noticeable in bootup and typical daily usage. So I'd mostly look at things such as cost vs. capacity and durability as a boot drive.

Edifying, thank you! As far as 3d TLC write P-E cycles, I think I'll be ok on the home pc, maybe I'll just keep for games and PS CC swap file on this (low risk losses).

Would be interesting to find out if two PCIE x2 m2 MP300s can get to the performance of a PCIE x4 MP500?

I see they are priced accordingly, but might be interesting upgrade path.

Archived