Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF won't boot on Rampage Formula

Chickenfeed

I'm currently using a 4x1GB 6400 kit on my Rampage as the board refuses to boot/POST with the Corsair installed (regardless of installing dual or single channel ) After discovering this I updated the bios to 403 but that didn't help either.

1 Dimm works okay in my 680i but if Install obth i get the C1 error ( memory related ) and if I install the suspect dimm, It stops at 1D ( I've tried the recommendations in other posts to try to get the 1 dimm to work on the Rampage, but no cigiar. I don't even know if the manual settings stick after I take the 4x1GB out and put the Corsair so forcing 1066 @ 5-5-5-15 with 2.1 doesn't appear to be helping ( I don't even know if I technically CAN set these using the 4x1GB and replace it with the Corsair but it doesn't look that way so far ) I tried memtest on the 1 dimm (on the 680i) and it seemed to be okay.

The Domniator Airflow fan included with this kit had 2 bad fans as well (spin slowly and off center ) so at this opint it looks like a RMA is required. I had purchased this kit through NCIX but wanted to inquire if I went directly through you or do I work with them first? The help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Chickenfeed

Archived