Corsair Community

Upgrading top 140mm Fan

DrHeLpErZx

Is it possible to upgrade the top 140mm fan to:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/ml-pro-rgb-config/p/CO-9050077-WW

to add RGB capabilities to the top fan? Or would I still need the RGB Lighting Hub and Lighting Node Pro to make it work?

Basically wondering if the Corsair One Elite has the headers/ability to have this plug into the motherboard and work, or if I would need the Hub and Node to work correctly. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Not possible, you can technically upgrade it to ML- LED series but not RGB series fans.

I know I'm resurrecting a year old post - Why is this not possible? Physically no spare connections inside for an RGB fan? Is it due to the fact that can't physically connect and/or fit the controller needed?

I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time, curious if anyone else has explored this or accomplished since question was raised a year ago.

Looking to install a Corsair HD140 RGB fan.

• Corsair Employee

Space inside is pretty limited. To add the RGB Fan, you would need space for a controller (like a Lighting Node Pro) and an RGB Fan hub as well. Each of them also need a SATA power connector. Then, the Lighting Node Pro would need to be connected to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard, which I believe is already taken up.

That's why Stormshadow recommended a ML-LED series fan, i.e, one that doesn't need a controller for it.