Corsair Community

H115i PRO RGB with Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC

OdlanyerM

Hi guys, I have a doubt and I would appreciate any help given, as the title says, It's possible to use the H115i Pro with the Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 fans?

There will be no problems with the fan static pressure?

Because in the specifications says that the fan static pressure is 1.27 mm-H2O, I don't see anywhere the limit for it

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H115i-PRO-RGB-280mm-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060032-WW

The Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 have a fan static pressure of 4,18 mm-H2O

https://noctua.at/es/products/fan

Static pressure may not be exactly what you’re expecting. It is the the measure of how much negative pressure it takes to bring a fan from XXX RPM to zero. It often gets tossed about as a measure of efficiency on a radiator, but cannot be interpreted in value alone. Because it is a largely determined by speed, even a tiny little fan will have a healthy static pressure value despite not actually being able to move much air. In this case, the ML140 and A14i will have very similar static pressure values when at the same RPM. The values quoted in specifications are at the maximum and the 2000 rpm A14i has a higher max than the 1200 rpm ML140 Quiet. If you want to see a like for like comparison, look at the stats for the ML140 Pro that also has a 2000 rpm limit. However, since you only realize those values when running at 2000 rpm (something you likely wish to avoid), the better thing to do is multiply the A14i value by 4.18(1200/2000) to predict what it is at 1200. Still, it’s the airflow that matters and small differences in static pressure may not indicate and kind of performance advantage.

There have been a few complaints about the 3000 rpm A14i behaving strangely on Corsair fan controllers. I have used the 2000 PWM version in the past without issue, but not on the Pro controller specially. It has a different motor than the 3000 version and I expect it to behave normally.

Archived