Corsair Community

I need a gameboard.

Hagbard Celine

My Logitech G13 (which seems to be EOL) just broke beyond repair after many years, and I am in search of an replacement. As I also have a K95 RGB and a AX850i a Corsair gameboard would have been very practical. :nodding:

I assume you will not speak of future products, and I need one yesterday anyway, but I wanted you to consider this:

While the G13 was taken off Logitech website just in last months, it was released in about 2008(or maybe eve earlier). There must have been a reason for the exceptionally long lifespan for this product. Maybe because nobody made a solid competing product in that category:question::nodding:

Edit: Yes I know there are lots of gameboards out there, but both sturdy and with an LCD-screen; Not that I can find.

I'm with you. I miss the old G15/G15v2 with the LCD to show various information (CPU/RAM usage, game stats, even so much as a clock!)

Unfortunately, I never bought a G13. If there was a mechanical version I certainly would. If there was a Corsair keyboard with that LCD, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Seems the days of that super handy little LCD screen are all but gone :(

Unfortunately all companies don't care about the "little" group of MMO players.

They all concentrate only on BR and eSports and lost a huge market segment.

They are all the same blind.

If you need a gamepad, you can take Razer Orbweaver (NOT Tartarus, its mess). But their support and software are ****, too.

Very sad situation.

One should try to play games like most payers, with uncomfortable keyboard wrenches.

Funny you should mention MMO players, I am not one of these (at least not for the past couple of years).

For First/Third Person games, the gamepad's are a god-send for ergonomics and play-ability. When it comes to MMO's, a Corsair Scimitar or similar is much better suited than a gamepad.

Yes, not all usage scenarios must be "MMO-Player", for sure.

Perhaps lets clear wording, I said gamepad, thats not correct, should be keypad (G13).

I always use both keypad + mmo-mouse (like Scimitar) together, especially the thumb-sticks for movement. No keyboard can ever give me the functionality to move and press F-keys at the same time, without taking right hand from mouse (e.g. forward with W and F7, or Shift-F7).

Couldn't agree more. It's that functionality that pushes the need for the "Serious gamer" (for want of a better term). If Corsair were to release one, they'd want to jump in to the game with both feet - Mechanical/possibly changeable switches, RGB, Joystick, etc.

I'd love to see 2 versions, one with an LCD and one without (for those not wanting the screen and on a tighter budget), but I fear that the days of those handy little LCD's are long gone.

Archived